Does anyone have a 325P2 that can test something for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roveer

I want to put a 325P2 in my car but I have a unique requirement that it automatically power on (batteries removed) when power is applied AND that it return to FTO mode if that is what it was set for when power was removed.

I have a 536HP which does exactly that, if it is set for FTO and power is removed it returns back to FTO mode after power is restored (good), except I don't really want to mount my home scanner in my car.

I also have a 436HP which does NOT return to FTO when power is removed and returned. If it was set to FTO and power is removed, when the power comes back on it returns to scan mode. (not good).

I'd really like to use my 436HP in my car but I don't think I'm going to get Uniden to fix this issue just for me. Would be nice if they did for all the FTO users out there, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

So, if you have a 325P2 would it be possible for you to try the following:

1. Can the 325P2 be powered over USB without batteries? On my 436 if I remove the batteries and plug in the USB Cable to a power source it will power on (if it was on when power was removed). That's the first test.

2. Try and put the unit in FTO (fire tone out) mode. I'm not sure if you have to set up an actual FTO configuration, but since its a test you could just dummy one up. I think you have to add a freq and some tones. They wouldn't even have to be real, we just want to get the unit into FTO mode. On my 436HP that's done off the main menu near the bottom "Tone Out For..." Once the unit is in FTO mode remove power for a couple of minutes and reapply power (not turn off and on, but pull the power cable out, this would simulate if it were installed in my car and I was powering on/off through the ignition (using a relay circuit of course)). See if it comes on and if it goes back to FTO mode or scanner mode. FTO=Good, Scan=Bad.

That would tell me if I bought a 325P2 it would do what I want it to.

Thanks,

Roveer

Roveer

Upman has confirmed functionality. It will do what I want/need.

Thanks,

Roveer

Status
Not open for further replies.