• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL/XTS5000 Does anyone have a link to astro25 oob software for r20.01.00?

ddaha

Premium Subscriber
I have a xts 700/800 model III and it works great with the talk groups I have. When I try to put in the conventional channels, it gives me the red box. I have not been able to change the channel spacing whatsoever, and everything I find online points to this issue. The Rx and Tx are the same and are both within the split listed on the spec sheet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
First of all, asking for copyrighted software is not allowed here.

Secondly, there's no reason to OOB software for 700/800. You have an error in your codeplug that you need to correct and then you will be able to put in the frequencies you want.

Last edited:

ddaha

Premium Subscriber
What would be wrong though? 769.01875 is one of the many frequencies that I am having issues with. Channel spacing does not change at all and I can not seem to figure out the issue.

ddaha

Premium Subscriber
I really hate this stuff man. I have to have it off Receive Only to do that and then go back to check it. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it a lot.

prcguy

I really hate this stuff man. I have to have it off Receive Only to do that and then go back to check it. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it a lot.
That's why most people who program Motorola radios are very wealthy, they have a lot of boxes to check. At least I think they are all wealthy. Aren't they? They should be, I mean I hope they are.

Edit: A friend just told me what they make. Uhh, oh my. Never mind.

Last edited:

ddaha

Premium Subscriber
That's why most people who program Motorola radios are very wealthy, they have a lot of boxes to check. At least I think they are all wealthy. Aren't they? They should be, I mean I hope they are.

Edit: A friend just told me what they make. Uhh, oh my. Never mind.
I say we all (every member of RR) join up and make the world's best radio programmers lol. We would all be rich.

I had an easier time programming ht1000s on DOS than using Astro25. Times have sure changed...