does anyone have a pa scan list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
ok i know their in the data base. but does anyone in pa have a good list for the east coast like phill tower en route. what i want to know is how ur radios are programed for pa air . i want to program my scanner with only maybe 30 channels .

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
The lists can vary a lot depending on your location. You will only hear the various towers when you are relatively close to them and conversely only hear the aircraft when they are either at altitude broadcasting over a very large area or fairly close to you.

Some of the en-route frequencies can be heard over a larger area.

I am 40 miles north of Philly international and do not hear much from them, I used to pick up the Willow Grove JRB stuff regularly before it closed. On rare occasions I hear Maguire/Dix/Lakehurst when there is aircraft in bound.

Give us some more info about where you are and what you want to listen to,

Have fun!

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
I live in chester county pa i made a new list this weekend and i can hear planes on app for phl but not the towers. but i am to far for that. The center i can hear the atc on 132.5250 and 135.450 for modena but not the planes how can i hear the planes and more centers. The center come in weak like 2 bars on my pro 197 base scanner. i put in the scanner for Lancaster, chester county, harrisburg, phl, reading, brandywine airports they are the one near me. i am using a home made ground plane cut for 24inches for the whip. and rg8x at 25 feet. the thing is i can hear lancaster ground and tower some times and the wx channel from chester and lancaster. some times i can hear reading ground and tower. but not all the time. so if i can hear the centers telling plane to change to 128.55 for ny center how come i dont hear the planes?

Do u have any good ones for eastern pa that i dont have that i could hear both sides?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

trap5858 said:
I am 40 miles north of Philly international and do not hear much from them, I used to pick up the Willow Grove JRB stuff regularly before it closed.

Willow Grove's ATC towers were at a much higher ground level than the Philly towers. That would account for the better angle to your location.

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
I'm only 8 miles from WRI and directly under the glideslope path, but I can't hear the tower and ground comms. The only frequency heard is aircraft on A/D 124.150, plus the UNICOM frequencies of three local private airports. You might try listening to the NY and/or DC sectors if you want to listen to aircraft transiting the region.

kmacka

Anyone on here listen to Wilkes-Barre Scranton Intl? If so, what frequencies?

I live in the Scranton, PA area and listen to the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Intl. airport frequently. I am about 10 miles from the airport and can hear the tower and ground most of the time. Here is a link where you can find the frequencies for KAVP.

Airports Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Depending on how far you are away from the airport you should be able to listen to a great deal of air traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.