Does anyone know how Farmers Branch PD identifies themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonypl056

hi folks, i have a question, does anyone know how farmers Branch police identify themselves? i am scanning just the id's and i hear numbers in the 1300 series, 1304, 1310, etc
but when i see the crusiers up close they have numbers on the cars such as 32-14
31-10 etc. anyone have an idea on this? i was told way back that they were using 2300 series numbers but i don't think that is correct.

thanks for the help guys..

peace!

Tony

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
A little word of advice- and I'm not from anywhere near your area (so I could be way off).

Don't take the numbers on cars as anything identifying the officer. Officers might not take cars home (rotate), or what happens when a car breaks down and he drives the loaner- does he switch his unit number?

I frequently am in San Marcos, New Braunfels and San Antonio and neither of these 3 cities number their cruisers to coincide with a unit number. Think of this number as an internal department serial number (because reading the VIN is too hard).

Someone from your area might be able to offer more insight...

davidbond21

Are you only asking about the vehicles, or are you still uncertain which series of unit numbers you are hearing(13XX vs 23XX) are actually FBPD?

If it's the latter, start paying close attention to where units are being dispatched to; write down the street address that the dispatcher gives the officer(and note his unit number as well) and then google it to see whether that address is within Farmers Branch or in one of the neighboring municipalities. You'll have to probably get a number of unit # and addresses they were dispatched to before you can be sure but this is the way to do it. This will also help you to identify other series of unit numbers as well that you may be hearing. There is one trunking system I listen to when commuting through the area to my work, I pass through 3 towns, and the system supplies communications to 6 towns total. I no longer need to look at the scanner to see which dispatch is talking because I know all the series of unit numbers used, even if I don't know the address that a dispatcher is reading out.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I haven't listened to FB PD in some time. However, they used to use single digit and low double digit unit numbers as, such as 5, 7, 12, etc.

tonypl056

hey guys, thanks for the info. so far from what i can gather the most radio traffic is on id # 52272 which is law dispatch A. and the numbers are ranging from 1300 series to 2300 and then 4300
it is definately FB i am listening to thats the only group i have in this radio now. my guess is that the 1300, 2300, etc. might be actual officer numbers not the crusiers numbers, i just found it a little odd to see the numbers 32-14, 31-10 etc. on the crusiers and not hearing those numbers in corrospondence with the the cars themselves. where i am from the crusier number is how they identify their car and officer at the same time so i think this pattern they have out here is going to take a little bit to get used to
thanks for the help guys...

peace!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.