Does anyone know if the Pennsylvania Game Comission is using the new P25 Phase II System yet? awb Jonestown. Pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad4nskyraider

Does anyone know if the Pennsylvania Game Comission is using the new P25 Phase II System yet? awb Jonestown. Pa

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
They've been using the P25 system for quite some time.

ad4nskyraider

I have trunked system installed for the last two weeks but have not heard anything. I'm using the Ellendale tower in Dauphin County as the control channel. I'm using a Uniden BCD996P2 sCANNER.

radio3353

Game Commission is usually rather quiet this time of year (except for maybe a bear sighting in suburbia or deer carcass on the roadside.) Try again when hunting season starts.

harvick21

Premium Subscriber
Game Commission plenty busy in Western PA every day. Only Sunday is pretty quiet. Even Franklin, in NW PA, active. I'm hearing Franklin in the Pgh area on and off. Not sure how the system works for that.

radio3353

Game Commission plenty busy in Western PA every day. Only Sunday is pretty quiet. Even Franklin, in NW PA, active. I'm hearing Franklin in the Pgh area on and off. Not sure how the system works for that.

Certainly understandable for the more rural counties. I should have noted that I am talking from the SE corner of PA.

ad4nskyraider

Thanks, I'm also in the SE corner of PA. I was used to hearing Reading and Harrisburg base stations under the old system as well as car to car.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Lebanon County is in the SE section of the PGC and all TG listed are used. Active normally from 7am - 8pm (Dispatcher is on duty)

Use the Cornwall Site, Keffers site, Grantville site, and Port Clinton sites. You can also add the FITG and Jonestown tower sites, these all cover Lebanon County and Jonestown Boro area for the p25 StarNet system coverage.

PM me if you need a BCD996p2 scanner file for the p25 system.

ad4nskyraider

Thanks. Heard traffic on the FITG site this morning. Don"t know if I need the scanner file or not. I'm new to this programing scanners and am learning as I go. I was a Deputy Wildlife Conservation Officer for 35 years.

ad4nskyraider

Thanks, I started to pick up more traffic today. I.m amazed how clear it is compared to what I had.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
3s tg delay, because some radio users don't key up to reply back right away. if your monitoring more than one trunked system, if the one is more important or you don't want to lose any replies, then system hold is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.