Does anyone know what dispatch sound this is?

ZacharyF

Premium Subscriber
Can't find an audio of it currently, but it's a sound I hear in the background sometimes while police dispatch or other 911 dispatch is keyed up. it sounds like "bleup bleup", people always say it's the "911 call incoming call" (which I'm pretty sure it is). Does anyone know what it's called or does anyone have a clip of the sound?

ZacharyF

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately wouldn't be that one either. sound is similar, but two of the same sound. sounds like "ba doup ba doup" (horrible explanation)

ZacharyF

Premium Subscriber
I've heard it at both places I work. One does have a broadcastify, but the sound does not happen too often there. Like I said in my initial post, it's just when there's a pending 911 call, so I assume it'd come from the dispatch console or something of that nature. Both places, the same sound. But if I do ever hear it, I'll try to get the audio off of broadcastify

Last edited:

ZacharyF

Premium Subscriber
AUDIO FOUND! I found a clip of the audio in the background, so I guess now the real question is, does anyone know what dispatch sound this is/what system it's from?
uploaded it here:

Last edited:

Mattnik

Database Admin
BTW I have all of the old Vesta ring tones somewhere, I bribed an AT&T guy with Chinese dinner over night when my PSAP needed a service call. If I can find where they are I'll put them in this thread or on the web somewhere.

I had the "Dorothy" Vesta ringtone for my incoming text messages for years. Fun times :)

Matt