• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Does anyone know what MA800MHZ is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesseschulman

I don't really post here much, just read a lot of good info, anyway I manage a decent size Mototrbo system, and have a decent understanding of Commerical systems and GMRS type systems. But I have seen a lot of posts recently about this elsewhere, but nobody seems to know more details. I wasn't really sure where to post it, this seemed the most likely.

Check out this Google Search to see some other posts about the topic.

I know it's all Chinese junk radios, but what frequencies are these working on? It can't be legal, can it? They talk about it talking to a repeater which bounces off satellites. I don't know what system that would be.

Any ideas?

nd5y

It looks to me like somebody Google Translated from Chinese without having somebody that actually knows English check it.
Probably just PoC "network radios".
If they aren't FCC certified they aren't legal to use here.

jesseschulman

I was thinking about it, maybe thought it was something with FirstNet? Is that even up yet?

Don't the radios you are talking about take a SIM card?

jesseschulman

I don't see any Chinese junk radios listed.

BAOFENG radios there, and they talk about BoBeLa as well, I guess junk is a matter of opinion.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
BAOFENG radios there, and they talk about BoBeLa as well, I guess junk is a matter of opinion.
Not the same thing as the official Firstnet link that nd5y posted.

jesseschulman

Not the same thing as the official Firstnet link that nd5y posted.

Oh I thought they were referring to the link I posted. Yes, nothing official.

So what BAOFENG radios work on 800 Mhz? And what 800 Mhz system has satellites for linking towers?

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Good god the translation is terrible "It is military transmission network and only 1/100 radiation of a traditional interphone, really used by all ages"

The pictures are stock crap to let the imagination wander, typical chinese marketing lots of pictures and horrible translation Yea the nationwide 800 is true its the cell phone network. The satellite is to convey it can be used over "no distance limit" on "nationwide public interphone". Have no idea where the military comes in, probably more horrible translation, you cant really take it word for word what theyre trying to say with stuff like this. Always go to the specs page if there is one

It says Hayeto which google says is another company that makes radio phones but the radio says baofeng, I wonder if they're even using the right picture or everybodys using baofeng name these days with the chinese marketing stuff you never know

It says on the page 4G and "CDMA800MHZ", these are push to talk cellular devices and possibly a UHF/VHF whatever addon it may have for short range. Theres a ton of these coming out of china, these here are low end, a lot of them have color screens running android or some chinese os, cell phones with a uhf radio built in, some of them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.