Does anyone on RR know a source for a Uniden bci25d?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm looking for a bci25d apco25 digital board for a uniden that my boss has. I guess Uniden no longer supports these according to their website. I'm hoping that someone might know of another source,maybe?:roll: Please,and thanks!
N9ZAS

n4yek

It is a rare thing anymore, your best bet would be to watch e-bay for one and you can also go to the 'wanted' section in the classified ads on this board and put in a request for one.

Bill1

It is a rare thing anymore, your best bet would be to watch e-bay for one and you can also go to the 'wanted' section in the classified ads on this board and put in a request for one.

Danny's suggestion of saving a search for the BCi25d on eBay is about the best route. One had turned up on eBay about a month or so ago, and if I recall correctly it had a Buy It Now price of $125 - not bad considering these are no longer available new.

When Uniden was blowing them out at the end of their product life cycle, they were selling for $99.

Good Luck!

Bill

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Ok thanks guys. Yeah,I already have a search saved on ebay for one. I did find a site which sells them "reconditioned" whatever that's supposed to mean for $184 So I guess I'll just keep looking. I appreciate your help.
N9ZAS

kd7ckq

Also, a BCi96D card in a BC-250D will not give you 9600 baud capability, if I remember correctly.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
for informational purposes only, I still use my old Uniden UBC3300XLT on occassion, which is the European version of the BC250D scanner, and it also has the (optional self installed) APCO BCi25D card. It still works great after 6 years of use... and no, it does not help to decode the 9600 bd communications. It allows me to monitor APCO P-25 conventional, Trunked at 3600 and mixed mode digital communications and can be used in the Uniden BC785D or BC250D digital scanners. My UBC3300XLT is a Euro version of the BC250D and came with continuous Band coverage from 25Mhz to 1.3 Ghz. It's still going strong... I don't use it all that much since I purchased the Pro-106 last Christmas, but it's a great back-up for me to monitor everything except the 9600 bd stuff. I believe that I paid around 225.00 dollars for the optional BCi25D card about 6 years ago. I have seen these cards (used) selling on ebay selling for as much as 250.00 and as cheap as 100.00

garys

Premium Subscriber
These guys, "You-do-it" Electronics Center - Home had one in a display cabinet about six weeks ago. At least they had the box, but I don't know if there was anything in it. Give them a call, they might be able to help you.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
To clarify a bit, the BCi25 and BCi96 are functionally and electrically identical. 9600 bps (i.e. control channel decoding) is not handled by the card, but by the base scanner. A BCi25 in a BC296D would work identically to a BCi96 in a BC296D...either configuration would handle a P25 control channel.

A BC285D cannot decode a P25 (i.e. 9600 bps) control channel regardless of the card installed.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for a bci25d apco25 digital board for a uniden that my boss has. I guess Uniden no longer supports these according to their website. I'm hoping that someone might know of another source,maybe?:roll: Please,and thanks!
N9ZAS

Check your PMs

LADan

Apco 25i card

I just posted one today on ebay today with some BC250D parts. The only thing is I am selling it all together. If interested go to ebay and search for 'uniden BC250D parts with APCO 25 card".

Thanks,

L.A. Dan

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
If I did the update downloads for the BC 296d and 796d will that do the download on the p 25 card too? Or do I have to register the card too?

N1GJB

I am going to post a wanted ad on this forum as well, but anyone with any current sources for the bci25d card? I don't have a lot of trunking in my area and all I really need it for is P25 conventional currently used in Southern NH. I don't want to spend a ton of money so the reconditioned ebay special ($184 give or take) is a bit more than I want to spend upgrading my BC785D given the limitations of the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.