Does anyone track the City of Miami PD.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker

I've been trying to get a loaner scanner . (BC895XLT), programmed with Pro Scan, but am having issues with the alpha tag that were uploaded from radio reference showing up on my scanner

http://forums.radioreference.com/new-user-getting-started-forum/226622-hello-miami-florida.html

Do you know if the radio reference data base/frquencies/control channel etc are corrext
I eventually wanna get a BC396XT as I wanna portable scanner, but if I can't get this 1 programmed right....................I wont!
Thanks in advance
Ozzy

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I've been trying to get a loaner scanner . (BC895XLT), programmed with Pro Scan, but am having issues with the alpha tag that were uploaded from radio reference showing up on my scanner

http://forums.radioreference.com/new-user-getting-started-forum/226622-hello-miami-florida.html

Do you know if the radio reference data base/frquencies/control channel etc are corrext
I eventually wanna get a BC396XT as I wanna portable scanner, but if I can't get this 1 programmed right....................I wont!
Thanks in advance
Ozzy

The BC895XLT is really old technology, well over ten years. It does not do alpha tagging nor does it support rebanded systems. Don't waste your time with it, get the 396XT.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Thanks in advance
Ozzy

I've been working with Tracker via email on getting his BC780XLT to receive Miami (City) Public Safety Trunking System, Miami, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

It appears that he can not pick up the control channel frequencies. The signal bars fluctuate and there is no buzzing sound on the CC frequencies. He lives 3 miles from Miami and is using a rubber ducky antenna.

He does have the following CC frequencies programmed in the scanner:
854.9625, 855.2125, 855.4625, & 855.7125.

Are these the correct frequencies?

Tracker, That's a BC780XLT you meant and not the BC895XLT. Correct?

Tracker

I've been working with Tracker via email on getting his BC780XLT to receive Miami (City) Public Safety Trunking System, Miami, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

It appears that he can not pick up the control channel frequencies. The signal bars fluctuate and there is no buzzing sound on the CC frequencies. He lives 3 miles from Miami and is using a rubber ducky antenna.

He does have the following CC frequencies programmed in the scanner:
854.9625, 855.2125, 855.4625, & 855.7125.

Are these the correct frequencies?

Tracker, That's a BC780XLT you meant and not the BC895XLT. Correct?

Am sorry, it is a BC780XT

Tracker

Spoke to my neighbor today n he said that he remember that there were names of the department that his dad would listen too, but he never followed too closely as it was his pops hobby n he knows nothing about it.
I am still scanning n it stops on frequencies n I hear the transmissions, but if I hit hold it holds the frequency n I can't hear the rest of the conversation, (trunked skip). ...am gettin both fire n police, but have No clue as to which channels they are...............

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Do you have it programmed as a trunked system or conventional system?

You need to have both frequencies and talkgroups.

Tracker

I used ProScan to program it n downloaded the file from radio reference ... I am new to the hobby n don't now how to program it manually
I gueseed that program n file would set the correct parameters ...

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I used ProScan to program it n downloaded the file from radio reference ... I am new to the hobby n don't now how to program it manually
I gueseed that program n file would set the correct parameters ...

The file you sent me looks correct with the frequencies set to trunk, the TGID's are there, and it's set to Moto 800.

I would focus on why you can't pick up the control channel as you can't hear the buzzing sound.

Once you can hear the CC frequency then press the "Trunk" button.

Tracker

PS, on the advice of other members, I've gone ahead n ordered a GRE PSR 800......
I/we believe that it will be allot easier for me to program since its already preloaded with the required info. Ala Home Patrol...
http://forums.radioreference.com/general-scanning-forum/228730-there.html

I will soon be returning the loaner scanner to my neighbor n wanted to know how to to about resetting it to it's original/default settings?

PS n all the other members that tried to help me to get this scanner going, I thank you n wish you happy holidays n s healthy n phosphorous new year....2012!

Last edited:

Tracker

Well guess what, the new scanner still won't pick up any transmissions from the City of Miami....it picks up Miami Dade county just fine tough

eduhat

Premium Subscriber
With my psr500 was able to pick up city of Miami pd just fine. I imported it from the rr database.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Re: City of Miami

Well guess what, the new scanner still won't pick up any transmissions from the City of Miami....it picks up Miami Dade county just fine tough

Where do you live? Do you live in Dade County or close to the City of Miami? I live just over the county line into Broward (Hallandale/Aventura area) and I receive City of Miami pretty good. The City of Miami is on an LTR Trunked system so you have to program the frequencies in a particular channel order or it won't work. If you look on the City of Miami frequency page it will actually tell you where to put each frequency. Hope this helps lemme know if u need anything else...

garys

Premium Subscriber
Where do you live? Do you live in Dade County or close to the City of Miami? I live just over the county line into Broward (Hallandale/Aventura area) and I receive City of Miami pretty good. The City of Miami is on an LTR Trunked system so you have to program the frequencies in a particular channel order or it won't work. If you look on the City of Miami frequency page it will actually tell you where to put each frequency. Hope this helps lemme know if u need anything else...

For the record, the City of Miami is on a Motorola Standard trunked system, not LTR. The county is on an EDACS system, which requires LCN programming.

rickp1

Hey guys,
I'm looking to get my first scanner but i want to be able to monitor Miami FL Police (all dept if possible)

I'm looking at the Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT Scanner and the GRE PSR-500 Scanner. Which do you recommend?

Thanks
R.

exportdawg

Hey guys,
I'm looking to get my first scanner but i want to be able to monitor Miami FL Police (all dept if possible)

I'm looking at the Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT Scanner and the GRE PSR-500 Scanner. Which do you recommend?

Thanks
R.

I would choose a PSR 500 or a PSR 800. Just my two cents

rickp1

Sorry is the PSR 500 you mentioned the same as the 500 I posted about? Also I should ahve mentioned I want it handheld?

Can I ask you, why those choices. Dont' know much about them, trying to educate myslef as we speak.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.