Does anyone use the SEARCH function anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hey guys.

I guess very few of us use the search function on scanners anymore. I have had my 325-P2 in search for weeks and I am getting all kinds of things. Like for example on the Rockwall county P25 system, TGID: 64497 seems to be a police information (TLETS) channel. On CareFlite the groups I am hearing are:

8802 Dispatch Ground
8803 Dispatch Air
8806 Scene 1
8800 Scene 2
8805 Scene 3

And DPS seems to be using all four primaries also as mobile Simplex frequencies with the 162 NAC well at least in Texarkana and Dallas regions.

Not to mention a slough of DMR frequencies from Texarkana to Hunt to North Dallas. Gosh Hunt county is littered with DMR especially in Commerce at TAMU.

I was just curious, not picking or nothing. I just enjor opening the radio up from time to time to see whats out there that nobody is logging and submitting.

Have a blessed day!

nd5y

And DPS seems to be using all four primaries also as mobile Simplex frequencies with the 162 NAC well at least in Texarkana and Dallas regions.

Did you happen to catch any channel names?
Here in the Wichita Falls area they use 155.445 NAC 162. They used to call it "2" until a year or two ago now I think it's "Mobile 1". Primary dispatch repeater is 155.4675 (B) but I haven't heard any mobile simplex there or any of the other dispatch repeater channels.

SCPD

QRT
DPS Simplex

Hi Tom

I have heard them referred to as "mobile 1" (155.4450) and "direct 1" I have monitored DPS activity under NAC 162 on all four primaries in Texarkana/Sherman & Tyler dispatch areas. I am ever hearing CLE traffic on these rather than on the actual CLE channels.

Hi jaspence

The Texas database is looking a little outdated and skimpy. With DMR available and many SMR users moving to DMR one would think the db would stay green with new finds. Of course in my defense I don't have a lot of trunked systems to monitor in rural Texas and I do see new finds added to those.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Hey guys.

I guess very few of us use the search function on scanners anymore. I have had my 325-P2 in search for weeks and I am getting all kinds of things. Like for example on the Rockwall county P25 system, TGID: 64497 seems to be a police information (TLETS) channel. On CareFlite the groups I am hearing are:

8802 Dispatch Ground
8803 Dispatch Air
8806 Scene 1
8800 Scene 2
8805 Scene 3

Not to mention a slough of DMR frequencies from Texarkana to Hunt to North Dallas. Gosh Hunt county is littered with DMR especially in Commerce at TAMU.

I was just curious, not picking or nothing. I just enjor opening the radio up from time to time to see whats out there that nobody is logging and submitting.

Have a blessed day!

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7096
As noted on the link above some of your TG for Careflite are wrong
8800 i have yet to hear traffic on
8802 is Dallas County DIspatch
8803 is Helo dispatch
8806 is Scene 3 and also used for air-air comms and air to dispatch with updates.

But to the original point, yup when the DMR update first hit i spent many hours searching for DMR stuff and found a lot.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to discover new P25, DMR or EDACS systems without having any info? Kinda like the first people were able to find analog systems many years ago when scanning first started.

rwier

I clicked on this thread based upon the title.

"Does anyone use the SEARCH function anymore?"

I was eager to participate, thinking that the title was referring to the FORUM SEARCH FUNCTIONS, lol.

nd5y

Is it possible to discover new P25, DMR or EDACS systems without having any info? Kinda like the first people were able to find analog systems many years ago when scanning first started.
Hell yes. All federal and military systems are discovered that way.
The RadioReference database is just the tip of a big iceberg. Depending on your location the database can be a joke.
Nowdays the hobby is full of helpless people that demand to be spoon fed information.

SCPD

QRT
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7096
As noted on the link above some of your TG for Careflite are wrong
8800 i have yet to hear traffic on
8802 is Dallas County DIspatch
8803 is Helo dispatch
8806 is Scene 3 and also used for air-air comms and air to dispatch with updates.

But to the original point, yup when the DMR update first hit i spent many hours searching for DMR stuff and found a lot.

I listen to Megahertz on two sites mostly. Dallas TI and Howe. On both sites I hear AIR DISPATCH on 8803 for the whole system. Hillsboro, Dallas, Denton all on one TGID. I also hear ALL Ground dispatching on 8802, Dallas, Tarrant, Collin, whatnot. Since CF has a scene 3, logic says there should be a scene 1 & 2 so I have everything from 8800 to 8810 in scan, waiting lol.

It blows me away how much is out there, I run proscan with search on every night and every morning I find something new (or the scanner hung on something useless).

Wasn't trying to be mean or anything, but when you consider all the stuff out there and compare it to the Texas DB. There is a lot not being submitted. So I was more less curious if people forgot what the fun of the search button was ...

Like for example on the Rockwall county P25 system, TGID: 64497 seems to be a police information (TLETS) channel.

What units are on there? Rockwall PD was still operating on their system Thursday as usual (if not a little busier than normal) and there was plenty of chatter on the county VHF repeater. I do not have P25 trunking ability.

Jimco

Nowdays the hobby is full of helpless people that demand to be spoon fed information.

Some of us refer to this as "helping others who enjoy our hobby." I'm more than happy to help anyone if I have some information that can help them. I don't consider it spoon-feeding of helpless people. :)

Jim

DJ11DLN

Some of us refer to this as "helping others who enjoy our hobby." I'm more than happy to help anyone if I have some information that can help them. I don't consider it spoon-feeding of helpless people. :)

Jim
I think what he was referring to were the people who don't even try to find the answer or info they are looking for, but simply post questions. Something like, "I live in Mudville, Kentucky and just got a WX alert radio, what NOAA transmitter frequency should I use?" That sort of thing, asking (or demanding) info that can quickly and easily be found by simply using that search function -- or Google for that matter -- gets on a lot of folks' nerves.

I try to help when I can. A lot of stuff is over my head but if I think I can help with a specific problem, I try. I've gotten to the point where when I see one of the "spoon-feed-me-please" posts, I just close the tab and move on.

And to get back OT, yes, I do use the search function on my scanners. My area appears to be pretty well documented; whenever I find something "new," it seems to turn out that somebody else already submitted it.:)

SCPD

QRT
Not sure, but they were running 28 returns. I had Rockwall SO on VHF also and it wasn't simulcasting. Was paying more attention to the two blonds in a white Lamborghini with dealer tags zip down I-30. I can say this, I did not pick up the CC until well into Rockwall County from Hunt.

Not sure, but they were running 28 returns. I had Rockwall SO on VHF also and it wasn't simulcasting. Was paying more attention to the two blonds in a white Lamborghini with dealer tags zip down I-30. I can say this, I did not pick up the CC until well into Rockwall County from Hunt.

I've been listening to Rockwall County so for the last 3 hours on VHF and have not heard a peep. They are still dispatching County EMS on VHF though.

I looked at a Rockwall County sheriff's car and it still only had VHF mobile and a scanner mounted. I wonder if the units using the new system have mobiles or if they are using HTs only at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.