Does anyone's Pro-106 do this? (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sXe77

This only started happening after the Guilford County rebranding (yesterday). I programmed all 28 or so CCs into the scanner (already had my TGs programmed) and started listening - but only for a matter of seconds. Soon it started doing this stutter thing where it wouldn't seem to latch onto a talkgroup correctly.

Also, turning the squelch all the way to the left now produces static - this never happened before the rebranding, not that this is necessarily bad. Some frequencies seem to work better than others. Watch the video. The blue light denotes a transmission on UNCG Dispatch, and you should be able to see the issue. Don't worry about the quick "District 1" dispatch that comes through, although I'm having issues with this talkgroup as well.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Video:
RadioShack Pro-106 Nonsense - YouTube

trumpetman

Database Admin
First off, all you need to do is program the 4 control channels. That might cause the stutter if it's cycling through the other 24 (or 20 I thought...?) frequencies. It might also help to turn off the global attenuator.

sXe77

Hey, thanks for the response. I don't know if you've been following, but the freqs in the database are no longer valid. See the last few posts in this thread:

http://forums.radioreference.com/no...cial-nc-rebanded-trunked-system-thread-2.html

I'm not sure if there are a few primary CCs, but for now I've programmed them all. I've already isolated the one current CC thinking that might be the case, but that didn't change the behavior at all.
Attenuation is off and has been.

bama9999

I can't see for sure in your video, but it looks like you maybe have some of the frequencies programmed in as conventional, along with your TRS.

sandman1991

Premium Subscriber
problems with 106

watching your video i must say that my 106 does the same thing here in vermont we dont have digital just anolog and my light is always on

This only started happening after the Guilford County rebranding (yesterday). I programmed all 28 or so CCs into the scanner (already had my TGs programmed) and started listening - but only for a matter of seconds. Soon it started doing this stutter thing where it wouldn't seem to latch onto a talkgroup correctly.

Also, turning the squelch all the way to the left now produces static - this never happened before the rebranding, not that this is necessarily bad. Some frequencies seem to work better than others. Watch the video. The blue light denotes a transmission on UNCG Dispatch, and you should be able to see the issue. Don't worry about the quick "District 1" dispatch that comes through, although I'm having issues with this talkgroup as well.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Video:
RadioShack Pro-106 Nonsense - YouTube

My county just did there reban and I programed the new freqs but did not update the tables and I was having the same problem that your having.

N8IAA

What Marshall has updated in the database shows only 2 CC's. The one highlighted in RED, and the one in BLUE. The rest are voice and data frequencies. Now, know that if you entered the CC's by hand, you need to put in the custom band plan. Using programming software will automatically do this for you. The only thing that puzzles me, is that you have the LED lighting up and not tied to a TGID.
Larry

Last edited:

randyK

I agree with Rusty, sounds like you haven't entered the reband tables. Also you only need to enter the !st four control channels like Trumpetman suggested. 857.1375, 856.4875, 854.6375, & 855.9625. Mine is tracking the system fine.

Last edited:

sXe77

Man, you guys are lifesavers! That was exactly the problem - somehow I overlooked the fact that I needed to program a custom table. I did it manually using the smaller table in this post:

http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...nded-motorola-trunked-systems.html#post753197

N9IAA, the blue LED light was actually tied to a TG (UNCG Dispatch), but the transmissions were so short/stuttered that it wasn't displaying on the screen, only on the light.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.