Does IFX really do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
5-star rating to this thread earned by post #19. Thanks for the better explanation, Mike!

Mike_G_D

5-star rating to this thread earned by post #19. Thanks for the better explanation, Mike!

Your welcome, sir! Feel free to quote parts of or all of it if you need to in the future.

I actually thought that you were joking when you mentioned the "5-star rating" until I looked at the list of threads and saw, well, 5 stars attached to this one. Wow! My first, I think - again, thank you (not sure if I really deserved it but I'll take em anyway;-))!

Honestly, I, for one, appreciate what you try to do! I would think it a tricky job considering the constraints you must have to work within (i.e. what you can and cannot discuss openly, etc.) and balancing that with providing as much help to the current and potential customers as possible. I see you take a lot of abuse and receive less in terms of thanks (what I see, just my opinion); you must have a thick skin for this job!

Anyway, again, thanks for the stars and for your efforts!

-Mike

JASII

Memory Capacity
Intermediate Frequency Exchange

I hope it is okay to resurrect a thread this old. I haven't used this feature yet, but I am thinking about trying it. Does this have any effect on mixing? I think most of my concerns are when listening carrier squelch on a frequency that will mix with another frequency, often the National Weather Service, and hear an unwanted byproduct. I like to search the federal bands and if this will help, I want to try it.

Also, I am looking in the manual how to program this, but I can't seem to find it. Can somebody here tell me how to do this?

Last edited:

JASII

Memory Capacity
I did find out how to do this from the keyboard, can I also do it via software?

I noticed that the specifications list

* 1st IF: 380.7 to 380.8 MHz / 265.5 to 265.6 MHz
* 2nd IF: 10.8 MHz
* 3rd IF: 450 kHz

Does this mean that when I select the Intermediate Frequency Exchange it switches from 380.7 to 380.8 or 265.5 to 255.6 depending on the band?

Also, I notice that when I select "FUNC" + "4" that IFX displays briefly, but then disappears. I would actually like to have it in the display, much like ATT, when it is selected.

Last edited:

KD4UXQ

What is on 31.05 ?

aren't public safety on even increments of 20KHz spacing and government on odds. Such as 31.00, 31.20, 31.40 or 29.90, 31.10, 31.30

I too have the birdie on 31.05 with the same characteristics of antenna on vs. off, but not on 31.00 or 31.10 so I can't see it affecting reception of normal assigned frequencies.

KD4UXQ

Same here

XT got rid of the birdie/spir that the T had on the Tac channel in my town. Happy camper here.

My T had a birdie on 155.25 that was quite strong and there was no way around it. Monitoring 155.25 was impossible. Does not exist on my XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.