Does it leave you wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomeRon

It's no big deal but when somebody comes on wanting help programing their scanner or using software, etc.
People offer help and the OP just disappears, maybe one or two replies and they are gone.

As I said it no big deal, it just leaves me wondering, did they get it programed, did they give up because the help was still over their head and took the scanner back, maybe they threw it against the wall, I don't know but it does make me wonder what happened with them.

Arizona_Scanner

Premium Subscriber
I think some of them are people who simply need the scanner for their work, in the media for instance. Once it is programmed, the could care less about tinkering with it.

Then I would guess that a small percentage throws their hands up and returns the unit. I say this because I regularly see "open box" units at the local HRO.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I live in Fort Myers, FL and have met many RR folks at a local coffee shop and helped them program their scanner. I'll bet the same scenario is played out all around the country. It's a great way to meet local folks interested in scanner radios and I can usually get a free cup of coffee for my efforts! :)

eagleswings01

I know if it wasn't for the great guys here on RR I certainly would have given up. Thanks to everyone again!

DickH

It's no big deal but when somebody comes on wanting help programing their scanner or using software, etc.
People offer help and the OP just disappears, maybe one or two replies and they are gone.

As I said it no big deal, it just leaves me wondering, did they get it programed, did they give up because the help was still over their head and took the scanner back, maybe they threw it against the wall, I don't know but it does make me wonder what happened with them.

That has been a pet peeve for years. Some?,many?, most? people don't have the common courtesy to even acknowledge they have received help, let alone say "Thanks".
Is it ignorance or just plain rudeness?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Most of these people seem to be new to this site and may not know how to navigate the website or look back at a thread.

It may seem simple to most of us, but some people are very new to computers in general, and not very skilled at navigating through a website such as RR.

I don't think they are intentionally rude, they just don't know what they are doing here or don't have the time to learn.

Last edited:

CrabbyMilton

I try to thank people who help me with a issue but I'm not offended if I don't get thanked. I learned a long time ago that it's not worth getting all bugged up over silly nonsense like that. Or, maybe the black helicopter got them. :)

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I even see that too as well the thread start starts the thread then dissapears for whatever reason they had to leave. I like giving advice to who is in need about scanner or etc.

RomeRon

RomeRon,

WTH? Where did you go?

Hey, I checked all of the threads that I started and there was one where I didn't say Thanks, is that the ONE your are talking about, other than that I don't know WTH you are talking about.

I was not looking for a pat on the back to make my head swell when I started this thread, I plainly stated that I was just wondering if they got their scanner/software working, or was the help they got like being put in the cockpit of a 747 and told, here's you a website to teach you how to fly it.

If you were just trying to be cute with your reply, then all you have to do is look at your avatar to see where you stand on that one. LOL

Last edited:

GrumpyGuard

Good thread. I went back through all of my postings to ensure that I acknowledged the help and found two that need closure. I rely on the email notification to check my threads and sometimes they get overlooked with all of the other emails. Not an excuse just my story and I am sticking to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.