Does it make a difference with favorites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

Does it make a difference in scan rate if say I have 10 departments in one favorite and all turned on versus listing them all as separate favorites and all turned on. The only good thing I see about listing them all separate (if you don't have more then 99) is that it's one less button to push to enable and disable and probably a tad bit easier to remember the number

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
For Conventional systems: Negligable difference.
For Trunked systems: Huge difference. You should try to only enter trunked systems a single time.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Ok how about this; If I have 1 favorites list with up to 10 trunked systems but I only scan 3 at a time, would it be better to break each TRS up into its own FL? Or I guess what I am asking is if you have a big FL, but you only a few quick keys turned on, does it still slow down scanning as opposed to a smaller FL? My 436 does scan slow but I am only scanning 3 TRS with 1 site for each TRS.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Ok how about this; If I have 1 favorites list with up to 10 trunked systems but I only scan 3 at a time, would it be better to break each TRS up into its own FL? Or I guess what I am asking is if you have a big FL, but you only a few quick keys turned on, does it still slow down scanning as opposed to a smaller FL? My 436 does scan slow but I am only scanning 3 TRS with 1 site for each TRS.

I think you do not want to have any specific control channel (Site/System) more than once.

People usually organize their channels so they are easier to remember, so, they would have the same cc multiple times but in each case the associated TGs were different but similar in the "Service Types". This really slowed the scan time; I think it has been found to be much faster to put as many TGs with an appropriate trunked system so this pausing (1.5 to 2 seconds) on each cc is reduced as much as possible.

I suppose the bottom line is do not repeat the same cc if you can help it.

testdummy

For Trunked systems: Huge difference. You should try to only enter trunked systems a single time.

By "only enter trunked systems a single time" - do you mean just in one FL? OK to have it broken up into more than one System inside one FL? I have a regional P25 separated into "City" and "County" systems on one FL, where each system has the same sites. If scanning both systems is it looking at these sites twice each pass?

Thanks! I'm loving getting into this more deeply than I did with my HomePatrol 1 and I'm very happy with the 536.

Ron

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Every time you re-enter the site information it is going to add a 1.5-2 second "delay" in scanning. Best practice for speed is to set up a single system one time, with each site you want to monitor entered only one time, then use departments to group channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.