Does JFRD still use fire tone outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

khvfdff

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if JFRD was still using fire tone outs on their systems. I know that they use an 800 Digital system which I listen to now and then. I do know that all calls are Simulcasted on 460.575 UHF Primary.

I am also well aware of the printers in every firehouse in Duval county and the MDTs in their trucks. I do hear an 8 second tone every now and then when they want to call all fire stations in the county for updates or bulletins that have been sent to the printers or other announcements.

If I remember correctly as of about 6-8 years ago they were still using the fire tone outs almost full time but I dont ever hear them anymore but if I do catch one (if it is them sending tones) I hear it at night.

If any help could be passed along as far as maybe tone codes for the stations or whoever has tone codes within JFRD that would be greatly appreciated, if they still are planning on keeping them as basically like a backup system.

Also can anyone tell me about this as well. When I have listened to the 800 system, I would like to know what channels are simulcasts of the UHF Primary when they page a call is a specific station assigned to a channel and then whatever station is say like on A2 they also simulcast the call on A1 and UHF Primary. Or if they have a call that involves different stations will they simulcast a call across all of the Primarys for 800 as well as the UHF Primary and then like a structure fire is on talkgroup B1 or whatever channel they can be assigned too.

As I said many moons ago (before 800) all calls were paged on 460.5750 and then depending on the call if it was a fire they went to the UHF fire channel 460.6000 and if it was an EMS call they went to the UHF EMS channel 460.6250. Then once going Papa, Alpha or Papa/Romeo they went back to the main dispatch channel 460.5750. I do feel sorta confused listening to them on the 800 now and not knowing what is what or how they are operating those channels.

Thanks again Guys.

khvfdff

Is anyone going to reply to this post LOL. Yes I am being a smart butt. I am in one of those moods today. I guess thats what I get for talking to Bravo14 on a daily basis. No pun intended there brother man (Bravo14).

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
lmao on that one! No hard feelings I get burned all the time lol. Think one day if I call my buddy up in Jax if I can remember his name maybe he can get some FTO. If I get hold of him that would be cool I have 2 buddies who are in JFRD. One of them I hear is going to be B/C.

khvfdff

bravo14 said:
lmao on that one! No hard feelings I get burned all the time lol. Think one day if I call my buddy up in Jax if I can remember his name maybe he can get some FTO. If I get hold of him that would be cool I have 2 buddies who are in JFRD. One of them I hear is going to be B/C.

Thats a good 10-04 brother man. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.