BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Does LCN Finder work on DMR systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Does LCN Finder work on DMR Tier 3 systems?
If so, where can you see the found LCN's? I want to check them against what I already have.

FWIW, I looked in the .pdf owner's manual for the BCD436HP, and "Analyze" and "LCN Finder" aren't even mentioned.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Does LCN Finder work on DMR Tier 3 systems?
If so, where can you see the found LCN's? I want to check them against what I already have.

FWIW, I looked in the .pdf owner's manual for the BCD436HP, and "Analyze" and "LCN Finder" aren't even mentioned.

Once LCN Finder has completed/or stopped and results are saved.
In the Menu, Go to the system in question.
You can review the site in the radio. select the frequencies one at a time to review them, the LCN will be shown.
Take note of any changes and modify your Sentinel programming as appropriate.

Alternately, You can read the radio back into sentinel and see the changes that way. (This is where ARC536 software is really useful) but that's another topic...

IDK if Tier 3 LCN finder results are reliable or not. I don't have any to try it on..

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
(deleted, will re-post later with some clarifications)

Last edited:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Once LCN Finder has completed/or stopped and results are saved.
In the Menu, Go to the system in question.
You can review the site in the radio. select the frequencies one at a time to review them, the LCN will be shown.
Take note of any changes and modify your Sentinel programming as appropriate.

Alternately, You can read the radio back into sentinel and see the changes that way. (This is where ARC536 software is really useful) but that's another topic...

IDK if Tier 3 LCN finder results are reliable or not. I don't have any to try it on..

I ran LCN Finder, and it found 5 of 9 LCN's. I then read the radio with ARC536, and it showed the same LCN's as I already had.

My issue is I have a BCD436HP, an SDS100, and a BCD325P2. They are all programmed with the same information, frequencies, LCN's, color codes, talkgroups, etc. The BCD436HP and SDS100 will track the Tier III system okay, although they both miss some conversations. The BCD325P2 will not ever stop on any talkgroups at all, even though the scanner shows the system and site number properly.

I wanted to use LCN finder to see if my programming information was correct. So, it seems either the BCD325P2 is defective, doesn't handle Tier III systems properly, or it is not programmed correctly. LCN finder seems to confirm that my LCN's are correct.

Ubbe

Set color code and TG's to search and check if that makes a difference, and check that both timeslots are scanned.
Didn't 325 have some sort of limitations with it's DMR capability due to memory constrains, couldn't handle RAS or MAX?

/Ubbe

W5RGP

I ran LCN Finder, and it found 5 of 9 LCN's. I then read the radio with ARC536, and it showed the same LCN's as I already had.

My issue is I have a BCD436HP, an SDS100, and a BCD325P2. They are all programmed with the same information, frequencies, LCN's, color codes, talkgroups, etc. The BCD436HP and SDS100 will track the Tier III system okay, although they both miss some conversations. The BCD325P2 will not ever stop on any talkgroups at all, even though the scanner shows the system and site number properly.

I wanted to use LCN finder to see if my programming information was correct. So, it seems either the BCD325P2 is defective, doesn't handle Tier III systems properly, or it is not programmed correctly. LCN finder seems to confirm that my LCN's are correct.

If it didn’t find them all and you just backed out it wouldn’t have saved anything

You have to hit func then system then say yes to save found lcn’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
If it didn’t find them all and you just backed out it wouldn’t have saved anything

You have to hit func then system then say yes to save found lcn’s

Okay, I didn't do the func then system thing, so I will have to run it again.

Ubbe: I do use "search" for talkgroups and color code, and it doesn't matter. As far as memory constrains, I don't know.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Revision of my original post. This is the correct formula to use for Tier III systems to determine the RRDB/Uniden LCN from the DSD+ Ch number (This only applies to Tier III and Capacity Max systems; it does not apply to other DMR type systems such as Cap+ or Con+).
  • If DSDPlus shows an odd Ch # for a TIII system, then LCN = (DSDPlus Ch - 1) / 2 | DSDPlus Ch 319 - 1 = 318, divided by 2 = 159
  • If DSDPlus shows an even Ch # for a TIII system, then LCN = (DSDPlus Ch - 2) / 2 | DSDPlus Ch 320 - 2 = 318, divided by 2 = 159

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for that info, GTR8000. This means that I am indeed using the correct LCN numbers for the Tier III system here. Bad news: my BCD325P2 still won't work on Tier III systems.

kbod9633: Pressing function then system only causes the scanner to resume scanning, it doesn't bring up a dialog asking if you want to save the found LCN's. As I said in a previous post, "LCN Finder" isn't even mentioned in the BCD436HP owner's manual!

I have been hoping someone from Uniden tech support would respond and address these issues, but with UPMan temporarily out of commission, it doesn't seem too hopeful. :-(

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
If no LCN is found there's nothing to save. If it found say 4 of 7 and you stop it before completion it should ask if you want to save the changes.. Haven't used in a while.. but you must hit func and system on the radio. (NOT via ARC virtual control) using the actual radios buttons/controls..

Status
Not open for further replies.