Does Radio Shack still carry the pushup poles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1BHH

What's a pushup pole? Is it something that helps you exercise? If you are looking for telescoping masts, you'll have to go to Home Depot of your favorite hardware store and build one from scratch.

N4GKS

Telescoping mast. I couldn't remember the name of it. I guess Rat Shack stopped carrying them like thay have almost everything else not cell related.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I got antenna masts at radioshack before. But when I went the guy had to call their warehouse and have some of the stock shipped to that store. It was a special thing that I never knew that they could do. So just ask around and someone could possibly steer you to a person who could find out

dandye7

I was told by RS that they no longer carry "telescoping antenna masts" but they do have "Heavy Duty Antenna Masts" catalog # 15-863, 10 foot lengths that slide together to create as tall an antenna mast as you need. They are kinda costly at $19.99 each but they are worth the cost if you want to put up a scanner or ham antenna 30 or 40 feet attached to the house and with no guy wires. I have a 40 foot one up with a Hygain discone on it and it has withstood 75 mph winds, though I would not recommend going this high with heavy antennas with them.

ke5ldo

The jackite antennas will support a scanner antenna, or ham antenna,including a small beam.I have mine for portable 40m dipole. Be sure and get the mount you want to go with it,
as in ground or wall mounts. 20 ' antenna is $30

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Call every RS in your area and have them look in the back room. I have been to several RS's and still see them in the backroom with all of the other antenna stuff =)

They are not in the computer, so if you find one, work out a deal with that manager.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I miss those masts!

Yes Sir!
If I remember correctly, they came in 2 sizes, 19 ,39 FT. The 39 footer was great! It was wide at the bottom an thinned out as you went up. The 3 or 4 sections interlocked in place and had rings for the guy wires if you wanted to use them. They were great! I wish I still had mine! Very solid!

Manny

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
ke5ldo said:
The jackite antennas will support a scanner antenna, or ham antenna,including a small beam.I have mine for portable 40m dipole. Be sure and get the mount you want to go with it,
as in ground or wall mounts. 20 ' antenna is $30
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into them.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.