WS1040: Does reset clear V Folders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanaman1

Premium Subscriber
Couldn't find an answer to this probably dumb question...I know doing a reset clears the main memory but does it also delete any stored backup configurations in the V-folders as well?

WS1040

amanaman1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I already lost all my manually entered data once after a fatal heap error reset. Now everything is backed up. I know, I know, use a software program...

amanaman1

Premium Subscriber
I've been out of the loop for a while and this is my first digital scanner but truthfully I prefer to do it manually anyway. I'd rather because you learn more about how to program and what else it can do. Between all the info on this site and trial and error, it was just a matter of figuring it all out. I already learned what NOT to do and now it's not very difficult at all.

bigcam406

My thoughts exactly. The only way you learn is by making mistakes. Ive had my GREs for a few years and im still finding out little odds and ends when playing around with the programming. Marks Easier to Read manuals in the wiki section really help as well.

wtp

yep

me 396T has over 150 systems and 2500 frequencies.
as for my county system it just shows talkgroup numbers, but i am a numbers kind of guy and i just listen to the unit that gets the call. no need to see "dispatch 3".

amanaman1

Premium Subscriber
When I first started I would have been better just closing my eyes and randomly pushing buttons but discovered keeping at least one eye partially open helped a lot! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.