SDS100/SDS200: Does SDS100E worthy to buy it in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pouya

Hello Guys,

I was trying to find the best handheld Radio Scanner and I understood Uniden is a big name between Scanners,
I went and bought SDS100E and upgraded with ProVoice & DMR & NXDN, I did update frimeware and it cost total for me
about 1000 US dollar,now I'm living in Göteborg, Sweden.
I can not locate my location and I can not find any frequencies even in close call mode
I will hear only some encrypted voices. also after full charge my battery finished after 5 hours working.
What should I do really? shall I returned it?

Thank You

dsankir

You can use SEARCH FOR... option as free scan on specific band etc uhf or vhf.
SDS100 can pick up all digi or analog freq.and show with all datas like TG,UID...Then you ll store all.

Ubbe

Uniden said that if you do not have any simulcast issues then probably the BCD436 are a better choise. I haven't heard of any simulcast systems in europe but there might be at most a couple of them. The frequency database are for USA and Canada. You have to make favorite lists and program them manually. You pay extra for features that you cannot use.

Look at www.Frekvenslista.com for some frequencies and you can setup 10 different search ranges in the scanner with a low and high frequency for each range and set a stepsize, 6,25KHz for almost all ranges, and enable the record function and let the scanner search through all the ranges and record everything it finds. Search daytime and evenings and weekends at least one full day for each and then listen to all the recordings and enter them as systems in a favorite list. Some frequencies are analog conventional and others digital and needs to be in different systems. Try and make a seperate system for each group of frequencies that match a specific group, like marin, a specific company or industry and delivery services and so on.

/Ubbe

Pouya

Uniden said that if you do not have any simulcast issues then probably the BCD436 are a better choise. I haven't heard of any simulcast systems in europe but there might be at most a couple of them. The frequency database are for USA and Canada. You have to make favorite lists and program them manually. You pay extra for features that you cannot use.

Look at www.Frekvenslista.com for some frequencies and you can setup 10 different search ranges in the scanner with a low and high frequency for each range and set a stepsize, 6,25KHz for almost all ranges, and enable the record function and let the scanner search through all the ranges and record everything it finds. Search daytime and evenings and weekends at least one full day for each and then listen to all the recordings and enter them as systems in a favorite list. Some frequencies are analog conventional and others digital and needs to be in different systems. Try and make a seperate system for each group of frequencies that match a specific group, like marin, a specific company or industry and delivery services and so on.

/Ubbe
Hello Ubbe
Thank You for your great answer, but why stepsize should be 6,25KHz in Sweden or whole Europe?

Ubbe

It's a mix of different stepsizes in the same frequency band in Sweden. PTS are converting most frequency bands to use 12,5Khz stepsize and 6,25Khz offset and as Uniden scanners cannot handle offset, unlike Icom and probably some others, you have to use 6,25Khz stepsize. And also current users are allowed to use their older stepsize of 12,5KHz and 25Khz with no offset in the same frequency band as the offset channels so that also needs you to use 6,25KHz.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.