Does site include encrypt status in frq list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildbill4141

The town I live in went digital. (City of Manteca Ca) I'm thinking about getting a BCD996T because radio ref. list system as APCO 25 and that scanners specs say it will get "unencrypted" APCO 25 Will your site tell if that citys system is encrypted or not ?

af5rn

Wildbill4141 said:
The town I live in went digital. (City of Manteca Ca) I'm thinking about getting a BCD996T because radio ref. list system as APCO 25 and that scanners specs say it will get "unencrypted" APCO 25 Will your site tell if that citys system is encrypted or not ?
There are systems in the database that specifically have notes stating that either the system or individual channels are encrypted. However, the info is only as good as what is submitted by users in your area. I wouldn't guarantee it, but I would bet that most any system that is totally encrypted has been labelled so as such in the database by whoever identified those channels in the first place. I don't see anything on the Manteca listing that would lead me to believe it is encrypted. And actually, the chances are pretty slim it is.

I'd post your question in the California forum, specifying your county name in the title of the post, so someone local to you is likely to see it. Alternatively, drop by the local radio shack and tell them you are interested in a scanner to monitor Manteca. If he shows you one and demonstrates that it works, then it is definitely not encrypted and the 996 will work.

Good luck!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Channels known to be encrypted are indicated in the database with a mode of "E" ("D" is digital and "A" is analog).

Status
Not open for further replies.