Does the Pro-92

Status
Not open for further replies.

2lazy

I was wondering i have a pro 92 ,know if i get a pro 97 or better will it change my listning ability on the 800 mhz.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Well, if you get a PRO-96, you will be able to receive digital. But if you just get a PRO-97, you won't change your listening ability on 800 MHz, but you will be able to receive LTR, CTCSS/DCS, etc.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I think it'll change your listening significantly. I've had both radios, and the '97 is as more sensitive a receiver as the '92 is deaf, particularly on 800. I have trouble receiving even local systems well with the '92, where the '97 receives them fine along with others in marginal areas. These are compared using the same antenna.

As said, you gain some features (LTR, the '92 supports tones) along with control-channel-only, more than one system per bank, 50 additional IDs per bank, ID sub-banks, SAME weather, etc. About the only benefit to the '92 is the "chained" custom search banks.

Brian

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
The 92 trunk tracks LTR without concern for LCN and V1 will receive I-Calls. Less batteries is also a distinct advantage with the 97.

gs_new

I just bought an original Pro 92, how do i receive I calls please?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I've got all those scanners (as you can read in my tagline). The PRO-92 is great for a lot of things, but definitely NOT very sensitive on the 800 MHz band. IMO the PRO-97 is too sensitive; and the PRO-95 is someplace in between. The problem I have with all of my '97s is that they do not reject adjacent channels very well.

To answer the original question; YES the PRO-97 is MUCH MORE sensitive on 800 MHz.

And the last question; NONE of the scanners track I calls.

Danzan

pro 92 fleet maps

Hello all, I'm having problems programming trunk freq for the pro-92, it says if I'm using motorola system I need to see fleet maps, I'm located in findlay,oh and I beleive they use Type I & II Hybrid Its a 3 digit code that comes up on my pro 2052, I have no clue as what the fleet map our for findlay. My other scanners I just program the 6 freq in a bank and thats it. I was hoping this would be the same. If it is I'm missing something.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Dan

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
gmclam said:
I've got all those scanners (as you can read in my tagline). The PRO-92 is great for a lot of things, but definitely NOT very sensitive on the 800 MHz band. IMO the PRO-97 is too sensitive; and the PRO-95 is someplace in between. The problem I have with all of my '97s is that they do not reject adjacent channels very well.

To answer the original question; YES the PRO-97 is MUCH MORE sensitive on 800 MHz.

And the last question; NONE of the scanners track I calls.
V1 Pro-92 will track I-Calls in open mode scanning on Motorola systems. The talkgroup will be be status bit 0 for the talkgroup but both sides of the conversion will be heard.

Danzan

Hi Frank, Thanks for the info, I'm still having problems setting up the fleet map. I don't understand the 2- digit code for block 0 , ie, s-3 would be 03 for entry ?. It says to use these settiings for type II.
s-12 two blocks s-13 use 4 blocks s-14 all blocks

I've programed the six trunk freqs in the 00 bank and tried programming the 3 and 4 digit IDs in but the don't come up. I'should have heard something on 624 Findlay PD but I'm not seeing any ids. It stops on the freq I punched in but thats it. I'll keep trying
Thanks again
Dan

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Dan,

Why are you trying to set a fleetmap? The database page which I pointed you to above states Findlay is Type II which does not use fleetmap settings. Thus reset the scanner as follows:
PGM>TRUNK
FUNC + 8
15>ENTER
SCAN

Then recheck that bank 00 is Motorola.
PGM>TRUNK look for MOT: on line 2 of display.
Then recheck that each of the 5 frequencies are indicate MO in upper right corner of display.

A long time user of this forum lives in Findlay and I'm sure he would have the database page up to date.

Danzan

Not quite sure who that might be, but you never know, its a small world, I'm not as active int this like I use to. I was never a member of the radio club but known a lot of them.
Anyway, after trial and error I think I got it. It just operates different than I thought it would. It displays the freq and ID both, so I can live with that. I did read the post you sent me and found it to be a great fountain of information.
Thanks again
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.