• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Does the UN take sides? Are UN Forces a legitimate military target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Joined
May 10, 2005
Messages
1,711
Location
"The Valley" (SFV), Los Angeles, CA
Does the UN take sides or support terrorist regimes (radical Islamic fascism - Islamo-Fascism)?

Are UN Forces legitimate targets in the "War on Terror?" What if the UN Forces are posted within feet of a known terrorist group during hostilities or a military action to eradicate a terrorist or terrorist group?


A picture is worth a thousand words...

Take a look at these pictures.

With whom is Kofi Annan, the leader of the UN, smiling and shaking hands (buddy, buddy :wink:)?

Is that a Hezbollah flag flying right next to a UN flag? Where does the Hezbollah post, a legitimate military target in the "War on Terror," end and the UN post begin?
 

Attachments

Last edited:

Raccon

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
408
A picture is worth a thousand words...
If you say so:


Actually I think it's just politics, sometimes you gotta shake hand with the "enemy" and smile. Then again the US actually used to be friendly with Iraq and Saddam when they supported him against Iran.

The UN post was an observation post to monitor the withdrawal of Israeli troops from Lebanon and has been attacked by Hezbollah previously, so perhaps they weren't that much of buddies afterall. It is possible though that Hezbollah used the vincinity of the post for cover.
Given that Israel ensured that the UN posts will not be targetted it was probably the safest place to be for the UN observers - until Israel decided otherwise, ignored the repeated phone calls and dropped a bomb on them. But a legitimate target they were not.
 
Last edited:

Napalm

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2006
Messages
432
Location
Clark Co., Ind.
I don't think Kofi Annan is enjoying shaking his hand... unlike Rummy up there who's positivtly exstatic with the thought of how much the sales of weapons is going to net him :D
 

STiMULi

Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
1,581
Location
Tucson, Arizona
Napalm said:
...unlike Rummy up there who's positivtly exstatic with the thought of how much the sales of weapons is going to net him :D

Ever heard of "An enemy of my enemy is my friend" ? :roll:
 

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Joined
May 11, 2002
Messages
7,736
Location
Eclipse, Virginia
Raccon said:
Given that Israel ensured that the UN posts will not be targetted it was probably the safest place to be for the UN observers - until Israel decided otherwise, ignored the repeated phone calls and dropped a bomb on them. But a legitimate target they were not.
Isn't your report dispelled by this http://newsbusters.org/node/6597? And isn't this standard procedure for cowardly terrorist? Finally, doesn't IDF have a right to fire back at the terrorist who started this issue in the first place?
 

Raccon

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
408
fmon said:
Isn't your report dispelled by this http://newsbusters.org/node/6597? And isn't this standard procedure for cowardly terrorist? Finally, doesn't IDF have a right to fire back at the terrorist who started this issue in the first place?
I already mentioned that Hizbollah may have used the vicinity of the post for cover at times, but certainly they were not inside the post itself. And on the day of the bombing Hezbollah may not even have been there:
On Tuesday, the four were relaying their observations by radio to the local UN headquarters, before seeking refuge in an above-ground shelter. Then the bombing began.

UN peacekeeping officials said the observers had reported no Hezbollah activity in the immediate vicinity of the post, though the officials acknowledged the militia has often shielded itself or hidden weapons caches near UN posts.
Source

I still see no legitimate reason to bomb the post.
 

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Joined
May 10, 2005
Messages
1,711
Location
"The Valley" (SFV), Los Angeles, CA
Raccon said:
If you say so:


Actually I think it's just politics, sometimes you gotta shake hand with the "enemy" and smile. Then again the US actually used to be friendly with Iraq and Saddam when they supported him against Iran.
Exactly. This would make it out of context. At that time, Saddam Hussein (Iraq) was an ally to the USA, so it would be perfectly normal for that hand shake to have taken place.

On the other hand, Hezbollah and its leader, Hasan Nasrallah, was...is...and will be a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION with its main stated goal to wipe out the State of Israel (a democratic government that is an ally of the USA). Hezbollah's goal is very similar to its main supporter, Iran (with its leader making a similar statement of his wish to wipe Israel off the map).

It is well known that nowadays, the UN, under the leadership of Kofi Annan, is sympathetic to Islamic regimes (both legitimate Islamic States and radical Islamic Fascist regimes).



Raccon said:
I already mentioned that Hizbollah may have used the vicinity of the post for cover at times, but certainly they were not inside the post itself. And on the day of the bombing Hezbollah may not even have been there.
So let's say for the sake of argument, they weren't there at that particular moment at that particular post; however, they are there most other times. In fact, they are seen routinely in and near many UN posts, trading food, water, cigarettes, etc (again: buddy, buddy, :wink: , :wink: ). Not to mention the horrific fact that the coward Hezbollah fighters hide (themselves and their weopons cache) amongst the people they claim to protect (many of them are their wives', children, family, etc., that is why the news reporters find scores of towns void of most men of the miliary fighting age - they are fighting with or as Hezbollah) during and after they launch their missiles towards Israel, hoping to kill as many Jews - civilians, woman, children - as possible because they know their rockets aren't acurate and could not possibly hope to hit a legititmate Israeli military target (so why not just aim it at a town where they can kill as many Jews as possible, regardless of their civilian status) Let's not forget Hezbollah's stated goal, WIPE OUT ISRAEL, which includes every Jew living there.

Just for the record, I am not a Jew (not that it matters, but just to make the point that it is not a persnal issue to me, except the fact that maniacal radicals (Hezbollah) are, and have been, killing innocent human beings (Jews, Muslims, and Christians), the civilians of Israel - but to a radical Islamic terrorist, there are no innocent human beings, every non-Muslim is guilty and worthy of death).

Let's not forget the 241 AMERICANS killed by Hezbollah when they bombed the US Marines who where in Beirut, invited by Lebanon, to help keep the peace during the cival war in Lebanon.
241 Americans Killed, Bombed U.S. Marine Barracks, October 23, 1983 - Beirut, Lebanon

Let's also not forget the 18 AMERICANS and several others killed when Hezbollah bombed the US Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon. Again, these people were there, invited by Lebanon, to help keep the peace during their civil war.
18 Americans Killed, Bombed U.S. Embassy, April 18, 1983 - Beirut, Lebanon

And then again, Hezbollah bombed the US Embassy in Beirut, killing 2 AMERICANS. Same situation, Americans trying to help out the government of Lebanon at its people.
2 Americans Killed, U.S. Embassy Bombed, September 20, 1984 - Beirut, Lebanon
 
Last edited:

brandon

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
3,462
Location
SoCal
Does the UN take sides?

Yes. The UN takes the side of anything anti-US or anti-Israel.
 

newbie

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2004
Messages
294
Location
St Clair, Michigan
Yes the UN does.

Read up on the history of the UNRWA. The schools have been used as bomb making centers, terrorist hideouts, ammo depots, offices for terrorist leaders and for "youth clubs" that are really terrorist orgs.

Jenin was one of the UNRWA camps. Jenin is better known as the greatest recruitment center for Hamas.

UNRWA employees have been convicted of throwing fire bombs. Some UNRWA employees are also members of ISlamic Jihad. A UNRWA member who was also a HAMAS member was convicted of supplying chemicals to a bomb maker.

UNRWA gives considerable money to terrorist organizations.

UNFIL UN Forces in Lebanon. UNFIL never interdicted any terrorist attacks on Northern Isreal. They have allowed Hezbollah to take up postitons next to UN forces. They allowed the kidnapping of 3 Isreali soldiers. They covered up the videtape of the incident. They hid the car and removed the contents of it.

So do they take sides YEP. Remeber the dictators are members of the councils. Nothing will ever come out of that useless org.
 

rhutch

Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
568
Location
Ontario
What about the Taliban getting the grand tour of the US just prior to 9/11 - they were harbouring Bin Laden and his buddies which even at that time they were the sworn enemy of the US. I guess the pipeline through Afganistan trumps fighting terrorist, until the stupid terrorist ruin the day and make Dubya actually do something other than taking vacations and have kids read to him. The good thing was he was well rested for the war ahead.
 

rhutch

Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
568
Location
Ontario
newbie said:
Yes the UN does.

Read up on the history of the UNRWA. The schools have been used as bomb making centers, terrorist hideouts, ammo depots, offices for terrorist leaders and for "youth clubs" that are really terrorist orgs.

Jenin was one of the UNRWA camps. Jenin is better known as the greatest recruitment center for Hamas.

UNRWA employees have been convicted of throwing fire bombs. Some UNRWA employees are also members of ISlamic Jihad. A UNRWA member who was also a HAMAS member was convicted of supplying chemicals to a bomb maker.

UNRWA gives considerable money to terrorist organizations.

UNFIL UN Forces in Lebanon. UNFIL never interdicted any terrorist attacks on Northern Isreal. They have allowed Hezbollah to take up postitons next to UN forces. They allowed the kidnapping of 3 Isreali soldiers. They covered up the videtape of the incident. They hid the car and removed the contents of it.

So do they take sides YEP. Remeber the dictators are members of the councils. Nothing will ever come out of that useless org.
Not that in anyway do I think the US is always wrong but, a saint the US is not. Unfortunately right or wrong over the years the US has pissed off a lot of people all over the world, so its pretty niave to think everyone is going to give the US a warm embrace.

It really amazes me how upset people are getting over the fact that the new democratically elected leader of Iraq doesn't support the US position with Israel. Give me a break the guy is a sunni muslim, does anybody in their right mind think he is going to support Israel, if so just give him a gun to put to his head right now. If you don't want a democracy but want someone to tow the us line, thats called a colony.

As for UNFIL what is their mandate, I'm sure it's not to stop terrorists attacking Israel. How would they stop a kidnapping that occured in Israel while they are in Lebonon? If the vastly superior Israelis couldn't stop it I doubt the few "OBSERVERS" could do anything.

By the way for the most part I support the Israeli response and the US position, I just can't get over the sabre rattling ignorance of those that don't really know crap about whats going on.
 

rhutch

Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
568
Location
Ontario
STiMULi said:
You are just a USA hater... You should move to SF CA :)

You Talkin to me???? You talkin to me????? :)

Actually I like the US unfortunately sometimes I just can't agree with what they do. That's what true friends do, they tell you when you're out of line, but it's up to you to take the advice or ignore it.

I see the trial balloon is starting to float for getting the troops out of Iraq, " It's not really a war its a civil war that we don't belong in", nice.
 

KE4ASQ

Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
0
Location
Dixie Land (The South)
Ours Is Not To Reason Why? Ours Is But To Do And Die!

I am a very staunch supporter (Read: Republican :eek: ) of Dubya and U.S. Armed Forces, But in the Geopolitical arena, That this world has become? No one is going to be completely satisfied, Israel is our ally and We are their ally and among others things, That is a major reason why the world hates U.S. / Israel relations, I am not saying we have always done the right thing, But I think we did what we did for what we could do at that point in time??? These terrorists and their allies would still be attacking the world, Even if we didnt do anything good or bad to anyone, KE4ASQ
 

mike_webb59

Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
201
Location
New Braunfels, TX
The UN takes sides. Sides for personal gain, sides to appease upcoming rogue powers, sides for political expediency, sides of least resistance. They don't take the sides of the oppressed, the victims, the hungry, of those who make for poor video on the evening news.

Sure the UN make for a good target. People are tired of seeing civilians die. What else would make for a great post on Al Jazeera than taking out albeit an armed but impotent UN military force? Makes as good sense as UN offices, US Embassies, sleeping quarters, soldiers on leave, New Yorkers and DC workers. Well it made sense until UA 93.

IMHO the UN is doomed to fail as it requires the leaders and the people serving within its organization to be above reproach and humanity isn't there just yet.

The current war isn't against armies or countries or even populations, but against ways of life. Everyone and everything is a target and it's whether a side chooses to hit it, is what makes one side just a little more humane than the other.
 

KE4ASQ

Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
0
Location
Dixie Land (The South)
mike_webb59 said:
The UN takes sides. Sides for personal gain, sides to appease upcoming rogue powers, sides for political expediency, sides of least resistance. They don't take the sides of the oppressed, the victims, the hungry, of those who make for poor video on the evening news.

Sure the UN make for a good target. People are tired of seeing civilians die. What else would make for a great post on Al Jazeera than taking out albeit an armed but impotent UN military force? Makes as good sense as UN offices, US Embassies, sleeping quarters, soldiers on leave, New Yorkers and DC workers. Well it made sense until UA 93.

IMHO the UN is doomed to fail as it requires the leaders and the people serving within its organization to be above reproach and humanity isn't there just yet.

The current war isn't against armies or countries or even populations, but against ways of life. Everyone and everything is a target and it's whether a side chooses to hit it, is what makes one side just a little more humane than the other.
It makes for a very tangled mess for us to work out, Don't it? Thats basically what I was saying in my posts also, This is an attack on, Not just the AMERICAN way of life, But life in general!!! I have to wholeheartedly agree with you on these points.
 

USAPatriot

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2005
Messages
581
Location
PRK
Hezbollah is not a State. None of it's parliamentary members are Lebanese Cabinet members that I know of. Hezbollah is a terrorist organization, labeled as such by the US, UK, Israel and I believe, the UN as well. I'd assume that most western countries label it as such. There should be no official contacts with such people.

As for the question at hand, the UN has been taking sides for decades. Whether it's overt, or simply inaction, there's consequences to what they do. The UN has been Israel bashing for many years, but says diddley when it comes to killers. When the killing starts, as in Darfur for instance, the UN makes itself scarce in short order. The UN has no credibility except with those that can profit by it's inaction. -Rod-
 
Last edited:

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
3,827
Location
RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV
Hezbollah, is like a filthy, smelly, dirty prostate. This prostate screws everyone, hides among everyone and all she screws will die.

Now the UN is their pimp!!!

Who wants to try and spook a ghost???
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top