Yaesu: Does The Yaesu FT1D Automatically Insert Monitored Frequency In APRS Position Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2AL

Hey everyone! I have a question about the Yaesu FT1D, and APRS.

When I had a Kenwood D710 in the APRS status comment I had the ability to input a code that would automatically show on my APRS beacons what frequency I was monitoring, tone, and offset. If I changed frequencies on the radio it would change the frequency in the APRS beacon too.

Does the Yaesu FT1D have the ability to do the same? If so, what is the input to make the radio see what frequency I am monitoring?

N2AL

no it does not, none of the yaesu aprs handhelds can do that. the Ftm350 & 400 can though

Thanks for your reply! I called Yaesu technical support yesterday and inquired with them also. Unfortunately they echoed the same response. They did state they would send it up the chain as a possible firmware upgrade add on, so I suppose that is a chance.

Another suggestion with their firmware update is to completely mute to APRS beacon packet transmission. Every time the radio beacons it gets annoying, especially on long drives, or hikes. I hope they can address that issue as well.

73 and thanks for your help!

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I assumed I could do this (TX freq) on the FT1XDR as well, since my Kenwood HT can....never assume...

Anyways, you can mute the APRS. At least I believe so...look for the FT1DR (APRS Manual) page 8 in the Tip box.

-------
If you set [8 APRS MUTE] to [ON] after selecting [9 APRS] > [8 APRS MUTE], band reception volume (such as beacon and sounds) will be muted and [A12] or [A96] will blink.
------

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
you can mute the beeps and the incoming packet audio but when you transmit you will always hear a packet sidetone. I do have to say that while it will not automatically add your freq info , you can manually put it in, under beacon status text

Status
Not open for further replies.