Does this antenna interest anyone at RR.com??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim202

Gooser

I had to wear one of those in a school play...800 trunking sucked, but and I kept hearing conventional freqs in my head...
882504-main.jpg

br0adband

What gets me is the "No questions within the last 24 hrs of auction, Ask Early!" line. If I just happened upon it within 24 hours of the ending and I have a question, but I'm seriously interested, does that mean the auctioneer will blow me off and ignore the question? Weird... but then again, fleaBay stuff usually is. ;)

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Being made for the Navy, no specs given and the picture giving no sense of perspective it's awfully hard to say what band it operates on other than some military. It looks like it would make a good stand for a potted plant though.

I just reminded myself of the time my cousin obtained a whole bunch of surplus missile nose cones and we used them as pots. Those things were indestructible and entirely non conductive to heat, good for raising greenhouse plants on the sun.

OH! Finally I came up with this; Eaton Military discone 0.4 - 1.0+ GHz antenna. Yeah, a good stand for a potted plant on the sun.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
kb2vxa said:
OH! Finally I came up with this; Eaton Military discone 0.4 - 1.0+ GHz antenna. Yeah, a good stand for a potted plant on the sun.

Better still, useable on 440, 902, and 1296. I just might buy it myself.

N1GTL

Database Admin
br0adband said:
What gets me is the "No questions within the last 24 hrs of auction, Ask Early!" line. If I just happened upon it within 24 hours of the ending and I have a question, but I'm seriously interested, does that mean the auctioneer will blow me off and ignore the question? Weird... but then again, fleaBay stuff usually is. ;)

Actually, that is not his rule, it is EBAY rule. I just sold something and someone asked a question. I tried to answer with a few hours left in the auction but I was not permitted to respond. EBAY rule...not sure why.

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
It is done that way to prevent people from trying to pursuade a buyer to sell the item off the site for a little more money!

Status
Not open for further replies.