Does this group ever have any meetups or get-togethers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am fairly new to this group but was wondering if there are ever any get-togethers for providers and listeners of the feeds in the Phoenix area. It would be nice to meet and thank the people who provide the feeds and also to maybe ask some questions. Just wondering ...

JDodson

A few people know each other, but I've never read about any get-togethers in the Phoenix area.

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
Lets do it! Im a Director for Marriott International, so I could get us a meeting room for cheap...or free if I ask nicely.

Get-together for Phoenix-area scanner hobbyists

Hi, Chad B. Thank you for your input. A meeting room at a Marriott would be wonderful. I wouldn't mind paying an entrance fee if it is reasonable. I hope others will also be interested in some of us getting together. Maybe we could allow members to at least give out business cards if they sell equipment or a service or just for networking. Perhaps that would entice more members to attend. I know it would be hard to pick a day, time, and place to meet everyone's schedule. I am retired so can be almost anywhere at any time. 'Looking forward to hearing from other members.

Astrak

I'm in, name the time and place. Send me a PM with contact info, I'm free next week during spring break.

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
Next week is too soon, I'll need at least 60 days advance notice. Right now I have tentative space in a meeting room in downtown Phoenix... I can trade some vacation days and get golf and open bar included for the day (which I'm happy to do at no cost to attendees) . Lets agree on a date.

JDodson

I like the idea too. With 60 days notice, sounds like some time in late May / June would be good??

Status
Not open for further replies.