Does this software exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfeeny

I use a Uniden BR-330T scanner. I am looking for software that will scan a range, log any hits for frequencies that I do not have programmed, and cross reference those to radioreference.com, so that when it logs a hit for say 450.20, it then checks radio reference and tells me what that is.

Additionally, I have found many programs that log frequencies for the BR330T. The issue I have is, particularly in the low bands, it will hit something thats just noise, and it wont go past it, because the signal never closes squelch. So I can kick off a scan and goto bed, and it stuck on the same frequency! It would be great if it was smart enough to log the frequency and then move on after a time period, can any of the packages do this?

Thanks,

Brian

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There is nothing I know of that would pause a scanner, log onto RR and check the database. That would be an interesting app, though I'm not so sure that, if the traffic really got heavy, that you could keep up with the lookups vs. the traffic being logged on the scanner.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.