'Dog the Bounty Hunter' in Lakewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2003

I know they have used TRBO radios in the past. Anyone know what Dog and his crew are using while filming in Colorado? Perhaps a local System?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
The call came in as "shots fired". Colorado doesnt require bounty hunters to notify PDs that they are going after a bail jumper. LPDs first indication was when the call came in.

How does that translate to LPD trying to get on TV?

[EDIT] after reading the updated article it sounds like they didn't notify LPD beforehand and only called once they found the target. So I guess I stand corrected.

As an aside, do private bail agents have arrest power? If you ran from a bail agent or refused to follow his instructions, could they charge you with eluding just as if you had run from the police?

Last edited:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
More importantly, how is this breaking news?

I posted this story because I thought it could result in a lot of LPD activity; given the way Mr. "Dog" operates I figured there might be a big altercation of some type, apparently there wasn't...

Denverpilot

I posted this story because I thought it could result in a lot of LPD activity; given the way Mr. "Dog" operates I figured there might be a big altercation of some type, apparently there wasn't...

Why do you believe he triggers "big altercations"? I haven't seen that.

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
I love watching dog the bounty hunter. It's on when I come home from work in the am in reruns. I think bail agents have power to enter a residence without a warrant if there is reasonable suspicion that the bail jumper is in the residence.

Dog means well but he reminds me of an 80s hair band rocker combination wacker with the unneeded fire extinguisher size pepper spray.

He is legally disqualified under federal law to have a firearm due to his felony conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.