Dog The Bounty Hunter Radios and Freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ASQ

Anyone have any info on what radios and freqs that Duane "DOG" Chapman uses ?
I watch the show and from what I have seen they are either Business or GMRS ? When they arent using their Nextels.

Astrak

Couldn't tell ya, I searched the database to see if any frequencies were licensed to a Chapman or a bail bonds company and there isn't anything. I would say they just use a business band radio that you can buy from Radioshack, I would recommend using a frequency counter or a scanner with signal stalker or close call and see if you get anything.

M

mofugger

dont mess with Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he`ll put them guns on you.............

scanjunkie

That is one of mine and my wife's favorite shows. Everytime I watch it I want to post this exact thing but I always end up forgetting. I'm guessing they would have to be using some common radio system of sorts. i.e. Business, etc.
DON'T MOVE MOTHER F**KER!!! You gotta love the Dog!!

KE4ASQ

Yeah, My Fav Bounty Hunter Too!!!

scanjunkie said:
That is one of mine and my wife's favorite shows. Everytime I watch it I want to post this exact thing but I always end up forgetting. I'm guessing they would have to be using some common radio system of sorts. i.e. Business, etc.
DON'T MOVE MOTHER F**KER!!! You gotta love the Dog!!

He is the coolest DOG

KE4ASQ

That Is Probably True About The Conviction

I like the Nextels they use, Course it is the exact same as mine, I was thinking they are probably trunked and maybe encrypted or at the least "Voice-Inverted" In one of the episodes, Dog talked about the OC spray, Being his .45 and that is probably he's doesnt carry a firearm with prior offense? I think he has more, then made up for that transgression?

mkewman

they are NOT trunked. they are MURS/BizBand radios. unlicensed. i believe they're maxons.

dog wouldn't be able to afford a trunking lease, or would he be able to afford encryption. also, if he had a trunked lease, they wouldn't work on the other islands in hawaii, nor would they work on the mainland (where they've done a few bounties)

dog doesn't have a FCC license, nor does Da Kine bail bonds, (his company).

his radios only work a short distance. you'll notice on some bounties, usually when his team is far away he uses the nextel. when he's right down the street, he uses the radios. you'll also notice that sometimes when you hear the radio in use, you'll hear static/interference when they're at longer distances (a good example of this is when they went to a football stadium to get a fugitive, and leland, who was inside the stadiums parking lot sounded quite staticy on dog's radio- well out of the way, outside the parking lot.

If he had another type of radio, they would be licensed under "Duane chapman, Dog Chapman, D. Chapman or Da Kine Bail Bonds".

Duane also refuses to nor can he carry a firearm. He's stated on many occasions that he think guns are nothing but trouble.

Last edited:

cristisphoto

WELL actually some FRS/GMRS can be encrypted IF that your model has that feature
Of course IF its analog encrypted,you can get a Voice inverter "card"...
Im sure IF ytou had Just a Pro97 or a BCD396T..
You could pick them up using the biult in Frequncy counters...

Anyhows
DOG and HIS KIn RUUUUULES
Shot out to them
Crista

cristisphoto

retroactiv said:
He is also a Felon... So even if he wanted to use a firearm he couldn't

Yeah he's one of the few felons Whom I wouldn't mind him having a firearm...
There are some cops whom I wish DID NOT have a firearm
ANyhows back to the topic at hand
Justa tip:
if one ofya' all can record an episode then frame by frame focus on their radios
see if you can eye an model number make etc..
and Search Engine that..
You should find a manual ...
in those manuals are usually frequncies...
anyways
I just thought I'd point that out..
Crista

KE4ASQ

Thanks, Everyone

I have to agree with everyone, I think DOG should be compilmented for turning his life around, His felony should be expunged from his record for his contribution to Hawaii.

cristisphoto

Pettition the Prez I say...

Hey if they can Petition a governor out of office and place the Terminator
Then maybe we can petition the Prez to Pardon him...
Serving as an example that if you act right and give back to society your record can be turned around...

Anyways
Just a thought.
Warmest Regards,
Crista

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
KE4ASQ said:
I have to agree with everyone, I think DOG should be compilmented for turning his life around, His felony should be expunged from his record for his contribution to Hawaii.

I agree that he has turned his life around. That's a great thing. But let's be serious, a contribution to Hawaii? He runs a business and is in it for the money. That is his bread and butter. Would he "contribute" to Hawaii for free?

Go-24

KE4ASQ said:
His felony should be expunged from his record for his contribution to Hawaii.

I could be wrong, but I thought that felony was for murder - I heard him tell it to one of his jumpers; he also said the usual "I didnt do it."

Though he seems to have turned it around, rules are rules; IMO no bailsman should be carrying firearms.

We watch the show from time to time, dog always acts like a badass but seldom does he take any one down, and its almost never hard. Further after almost every capture he opens his arms and heart to the jumper. I guess hes looking for the repeat business.

landonjensen

I Saw On A Couple Of Episodes They Had A Bunch Of Kenwood Radios In A Gang Charger And They Used Them On Various Bountys
So I Dont Think They Would Be Using Frs / Gmrs Unless They Had Those Freqs On Them Which Would Be Illegal Correct,? Since The Antenna On The Radios They Had Were Detachable.

Status
Not open for further replies.