Doin' it in the Big W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Whats with the bleeps after each transmission? I don't recall those while listening to the Windsor TRS. I just skimmed thru the video... is it possible to see what talkroup this is? Or was it an I-Call?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yeah something doesn't seem quite right here. I have a sneaky feeling that's not the Windsor TRS that he is listening to, and not Windsor PD at all.

tomandnic

he just happened to be filming his scanner at the exact time this came on?
Oh ya im always filming my scanner..
and why didnt he show the frequency and ID clearly on the radio screen?

First police dont reply that fast back to back to back, sounds like a script
second they didnt ask for doughnuts or a coffee run

so its not cops

Last edited:

tomandnic

Notice the signal going up and down on the SAME strong signal, and the signal is FULL even when they arent talking???

Looks like he held on the Windsor Police Control Channel then used another scanner listening to FRS which was obviously scripted

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Well if it was on the TRS, it obviously wasn't a talkgroup that is monitored by dispatch or they would have been off the air in a hurry. So an I-Call maybe, but I really don't think that's the case either.

mrweather

Almost sounded to me like phone patch of some kind and I have heard them before on Windsor's TRS.

But yeah, it was quite the coincidence that buddy just happened to have had the video rolling when the conversation started.

JoeyC

That sounds about as much like a radio conversation as the Pope sounds like a rapper.
A horribly orchestrated YouTube video representation IMO. Each PTT follows the previous without a millisecond of delay, never do they talk over each other, always a rapid-fire response. Yeah sounds real. :roll:

VE3RADIO

The Windsor police believe scanners are illegal.. hmm sounds like they don't really know what they are talking about.

polkaroo

Missed him again!
Horrah! I hereby officially start the "omg they're going encrypted" conversation part of this thread!!!!!

OMGzorz encryption my rights! my damn rights are infinged upon! i shall write to the chief about my right to listen to comms!!! aaaaaghhhhhh!!!! whatamigonnado whatamigonnado.. ohhhhh.. ohhhhh....... it's people like this who make them argue for encryption! because the whole point of encryption is to prevent idiots and media from listening... more media i think!!!!!!!!!

newtoscanning

polkaroo said:
Horrah! I hereby officially start the "omg they're going encrypted" conversation part of this thread!!!!!

OMGzorz encryption my rights! my damn rights are infinged upon! i shall write to the chief about my right to listen to comms!!! aaaaaghhhhhh!!!! whatamigonnado whatamigonnado.. ohhhhh.. ohhhhh....... it's people like this who make them argue for encryption! because the whole point of encryption is to prevent idiots and media from listening... more media i think!!!!!!!!!

It is my right, under section 5.1.a1 under the Radiocommunication Act R.S., 1985, c. R-2, s. 1; 1989, c. 17, s. 2. it states that communications related to public safety are not to be encrypted (treated electronically or otherwise for the purpose of preventing intelligible reception).

I paid for that system through my tax dollars, those cops salary's are being paid with my money, I deserve and have a right to know what they are talking about and where they are. Personally I think it is ridiculous that the smartnet systems don't allow me to talk back on the system, what if I need to call for help! They should use conventional repeaters so i can just program my radio for emergencies.

Cops aren't above the law, so who polices them? By being able to listen to them I can make sure they are doing their jobs properly.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
That is what it sounded like to me also since the beep was only on guys side.

mrweather said:
Almost sounded to me like phone patch of some kind and I have heard them before on Windsor's TRS.

But yeah, it was quite the coincidence that buddy just happened to have had the video rolling when the conversation started.

xlq771

Where in the radio communications act does it state that public safety can not scramble their communications? I can not find any such section ( section 5 quoted above deals with ministers powers).

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
If that was true then you could go to court for all the cities who are currently encrypted
I wish that was true but I doubt it

Status
Not open for further replies.