Doing Something Wrong?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

olerjc

Hello I Have The Info I Need To Put In My 396 Radio.big Question Is How Do I Transfer It From My Computer To My Scanner. I Keep Getting The Message:communication Error. Please Check Scanner Remote Setting. Do I Have To Have My Radio Set On A Certain Setting? What Keys Do I Hit On Comp Or Radio? I Just Cant Get It .contact Me On Here Or By Email At :eek:lerjc@hotmail.com Ty Bob.

Last edited:

seamusg

olerjc said:
Hello I Have The Info I Need To Put In My 396 Radio.big Question Is How Do I Transfer It From My Computer To My Scanner. I Keep Getting The Message:communication Error. Please Check Scanner Remote Setting. Do I Have To Have My Radio Set On A Certain Setting? What Keys Do I Hit On Comp Or Radio? I Just Cant Get It .contact Me On Here Or By Email At :eek:lerjc@hotmail.com Ty Bob.
The software and the scanner must be set to the same Baud reate.

Dank

Another setting I have had issues with when programming my BC296 was the comm port. I use the ARC software to program and select the option tom automatically detect the scanner when connecting to a pc for the first time.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
On some scanners (don't have your model) you have to crank in a setting (including baud rate) and hit E (or Enter), for some reason the Enter part is left out of the steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.