• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Doing Something Wrong?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

olerjc

Hello I Have The Info I Need To Put In My 396 Radio.big Question Is How Do I Transfer It From My Computer To My Scanner. I Keep Getting The Message:communication Error. Please Check Scanner Remote Setting. Do I Have To Have My Radio Set On A Certain Setting? What Keys Do I Hit On Comp Or Radio? I Just Cant Get It .contact Me On Here Or By Email At :eek:lerjc@hotmail.com Ty Bob.

Last edited:

seamusg

olerjc said:
Hello I Have The Info I Need To Put In My 396 Radio.big Question Is How Do I Transfer It From My Computer To My Scanner. I Keep Getting The Message:communication Error. Please Check Scanner Remote Setting. Do I Have To Have My Radio Set On A Certain Setting? What Keys Do I Hit On Comp Or Radio? I Just Cant Get It .contact Me On Here Or By Email At :eek:lerjc@hotmail.com Ty Bob.
The software and the scanner must be set to the same Baud reate.

Dank

Another setting I have had issues with when programming my BC296 was the comm port. I use the ARC software to program and select the option tom automatically detect the scanner when connecting to a pc for the first time.

bwhite

On some scanners (don't have your model) you have to crank in a setting (including baud rate) and hit E (or Enter), for some reason the Enter part is left out of the steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.