Doitt, NYSP Metro 21 and other trunked NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA2ZEY

I downloaded a bunch of different trunked systems into my BCD396XT for NYC. I just want to make sure that there's nothing else that needs to be done or do I need to adjust for rebanding? Some of of those commercial trunked systems like Atlantic Communications and Satcomm are quiet. I'm hearing traffic on both Doitt, more so on the 800mhz system. Not much on the NYSP Metro 21.

Thanks

SCANdal

Silent Key
You missed one...

KA9ZEY,

In terms of commerical trunked systems, I can't help you. I don't monitor these types of systems. Regarding public safety / public service systems, one glaring omission is the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's EDACS.

SCANdal

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
i would say that depending on your location to nyc I would add the federal trunked systems.although not very active,proves to be interesting listening.

KA2ZEY

KA9ZEY,

In terms of commerical trunked systems, I can't help you. I don't monitor these types of systems. Regarding public safety / public service systems, one glaring omission is the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's EDACS.

SCANdal

I have PAPD programmed in as well as the Fed trunked systems. Also, I'm able to get NJSP here in Brooklyn. Good stuff.

monitor142

There's a multitude of reasons, it could be a component failure in the controller as an example or better yet, the controller is turned off and the repeaters are still powered on. If the system is not used anymore, either the end user is not aware or simply does not care.

We had a Moto 900 system (Nextel) that was in failsoft here in So Cal for almost a week. It simply boiled down to no vendors taking care of the system...eventually it was fixed but caused a lot of headaches as it was moderately loaded and the failsoft assignments were not balanced correctly. A lot of "hey get off my radio channel" type traffic...classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.