Doitt UHF and BC246T

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjz7443

Hello I was wondering if anyone knows if the BC246T is capable of scanning the doitt uhf trunk system. I have downloaded it right from the RR database to freescan program, but I get nothing. It does stop on some of the channels I have programmed in but with no sound. Im not sure what I am doing wrong thanks for the help.

wtp

hear it yes

follow it no.
the system is trunked and that radio does not do trunking.
also some of it is P-25 digital and that is out also, just a buzzing sound.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
follow it no.
the system is trunked and that radio does not do trunking.
also some of it is P-25 digital and that is out also, just a buzzing sound.

:roll:

The BC246T is perfectly capable of tracking analog trunked systems. The T at the end of the model name indicates...you guessed it, Trunking.

The DoITT UHF system is almost completely analog, with just a couple of obscure digital talkgroups to be found.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The first thing you should do is delete all of the frequencies except for the control channels:

See if that helps any. The next step would be to verify that it's programmed correctly, although a direct import from RR into Freescan should get all of the correct parameters set.

wtp

sorry i was busy

and i was thinking of the bc75 that i just set up for a friend.
and i had the grandchildren over and was a little preoccupied.
i am happy to see others have stepped in.
also check that you have the latest firmware update for it.

rjz7443

Still no luck..... Am I allowed to post pictures to show how I have it programmed?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Go for it, although you're probably better off using an imagehost like imagebam.com to host the images, since the attach feature here sucks and shrinks the size of the photos. Upload them there then post the links here.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
The radio says it's a Trunk Tracker III. Does that matter?

Yes, BC246T is capable of handling a Type II SmartZone system. it just cant decode the digital channels.

For the most part the system is analog but there are a few Talkgroups and channels that are digital that you can't listen to. The way to tell if the channels are digitanal or not is in the column that says mode, the Talkgroups or channels with a A are analog and the Talkgroups with a D are digital. I would suggest a direct import from RR and then delete or lock out the digital channels.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.