Dona Ana to go dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
With the new year and slogan for current administration "time to police like it's 2020", mostly out of state big city folks running the show now, we had a meeting with some officials and their plan is inevitably for DASO to go dark by end of 2020 or 2021, county fire, ems, sheriffs office.

Outside users will be pushed to interoperability with VCI interoperability and a current interoperability channel DASO when that time comes.

mrohrbacher

Borg Central Command
Not sure I follow. I'm not really familiar with operations down there. You mean to say the communication or dispatch? I thought they were dispatched via MRVDA but like I said, I'm not familiar with what happens down there.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Go Dark? I guessing you mean they plan to enable encryption on all channels. Are they looking at joining the state system or finally enable the simulcast and P25 and just turn on encryption.

"following"

Yeah I am not really familiar with this county at all

Paysonscanner

Yeah, y'all of got yourselves a real nice Sheriff down there. :cautious:

I'm not familiar with Dona Ana County either. Maybe you'll share with us why you made this comment and how it is related to the news the radio system is going to be encrypted.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
That end didnt get mentioned and I didnt bother to ask as more important issues were on mind. It was chit chat among a meeting and was brought up between sessions.

The news did not mention it as it is behind scenes management discussions and wants with a budget capable of affording it with some field units capable already, with the public is not a part of communications or has any use of it other then "being nosey".

Vhf was mentioned with a couple removals of channels they had for border type with ranchers. The mindset was they can call 911 if it's a emergency, and upgrades done to the vhf end around the region to reach outside the county itself.

The slogan with 2020 however was thrown in with the few there not agreeing with upper end decisions for its internal future with jokes I dont care to mention.

I do find it amusing down south with government the image is open and working with people but when asked directly by someone out of a loop its flat denial, this applies to many agencies.

I have worked for over 16 years in fields and noticed up north its flat up front where down south it's the big secret with everything from basics to high end. Agency A showing publicly it wants to be open to public with its plans while behind scene A and B constantly trying to one up the other or keep inside info from the other or gain control.

Status
Not open for further replies.