DonS, Question regarding Win97 Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smerri

Don, this is an e-mail I sent to you on 1/31/10

I bought a new computer and when I added Outlook it downloaded all messages from my Comcast web account and in the end I ended up losing all messages. One of those messages was my confirmation from you which had my registration key for Win97. It was registered under this same e-mail address (Smerri1029@comcast.net).

If you can PM me on here or contact me via e-mail on getting my old registration key for Win97 I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Don, this is an e-mail I sent to you on 1/31/10

I bought a new computer and when I added Outlook it downloaded all messages from my Comcast web account and in the end I ended up losing all messages. One of those messages was my confirmation from you which had my registration key for Win97. It was registered under this same e-mail address (Smerri1029@comcast.net).

If you can PM me on here or contact me via e-mail on getting my old registration key for Win97 I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

You might want to consider emailing Don at his email address listed on his website, don@starrsoft.com . You might also want to read the following page (although I'm unsure if it still applies) : Win9x Temporary Keys

Mike

K8PBX

Smerri: Do you still have Win97 loaded on the old computer?

If so, open the program and click on the Help dropdown in the upper right corner. It will present an option to reveal your software key.

Smerri

You might want to consider emailing Don at his email address listed on his website, don@starrsoft.com . You might also want to read the following page (although I'm unsure if it still applies) : Win9x Temporary Keys

Mike

Please notice the first line in the post. This was an e-mail I sent over three weeks ago and have yet to get a reply. Thank you though for the heads up on temporary keys.

Smerri: Do you still have Win97 loaded on the old computer?

If so, open the program and click on the Help dropdown in the upper right corner. It will present an option to reveal your software key.

This was the winner right here! While it was not installed, I was able to download it and it appears my key was saved in the registry because I was able to get it. Boy the old computer is slow, hard to believe I used it as long as I did.

Thanks a lot!

Good luck, I have been trying for about two months with the same problem.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.