Don't Forget The Wikis!

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
When looking for frequency information in the Radio Reference database, do yourself a favor and check the wiki for that database page as well. The wiki contains frequencies that are usually licensed but their actual usage (including PL/DPL/NAC/Color Code/RAN information) has not yet been confirmed. For example, every week I take newly licensed frequency information from the Radio Grants Pages for the Midwest and add it to the proper wiki pages. I'll then add a clickable link to that wiki entry under the corresponding database listing for that licensee. If you don't check the wiki, you might be missing out on activity for that licensee.

If you are able to confirm usage of frequencies listed in the wiki, PLEASE submit the information to the database. Your fellow database users (and database admins) certainly would appreciate it!

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I wish this was a common standard across the board. It would make things easier, just as the database does.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Yes! I've spent a lot of time over the years, getting most of the Illinois database pages "WIKI" pages edited and updated.

Illinois has the most wiki pages of all states (I think) and I'm not sure they get the use that they deserve.

Over the past 5 years or so, my jobs have prevented me from having the time to keep these updated as I would have liked.

I've been working on some of them here and there lately, but it's on my list this year to get back to the pages and get them updated.

Most counties have WIKI pages for the main county page and related business pages. Depending on the size of the county, and the amount of information, some counties have WIKI pages for UNIT IDs, FIRE TONE-OUTS, etc.

I've tried to make these pages have the same look all across the state, but some other users have made pages that don't align with mine. I'm not saying this is bad, ANYONE can make and edit WIKI pages and YOU ARE WELCOME to edit them. If you don't know how to do it, you can try to learn, if not there are many of us that will do the editing for you.

We are not allowed to have UNVERIFIED information or a bunch of text on the database pages. (Yes, I used to have a lot of information there, but was asked to move it to the wiki). I wish there was an easier way to denote that there was additional information in the wiki, but we have just made some simple links to help you.

For many years, I would send out newly and modified license grants to the YahooGroups. Since the end of those groups and how busy I was, I didn't have time to do it like I used to. I am currently going through YEARS of notes, of newly issued licenses and my own monitoring notes.

Thanks to Kevin for helping to work on all this too!