Don't have a PC-Need help with my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapalua

Premium Subscriber
I have a PRO-106 that I haven't updated for a couple of years and the traffic I am hearing is VERY minimal. I don't know if it is appropriate to ask if anybody knows of a person or company that I could pay to program my scanner. From all that I have read, it looks like there isn't any software to download for programming on a Mac. I purchased the USB cable from to program my scanner the first time when I had a PC, but now it won't do me any good with my computer. Any advice?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have a PRO-106 that I haven't updated for a couple of years and the traffic I am hearing is VERY minimal. I don't know if it is appropriate to ask if anybody knows of a person or company that I could pay to program my scanner. From all that I have read, it looks like there isn't any software to download for programming on a Mac. I purchased the USB cable from to program my scanner the first time when I had a PC, but now it won't do me any good with my computer. Any advice?

Sure, take it to your local library, surely they will have a pc that is not a mac. Your other choice is learn how to program it by hand, OR find another pro-106 user?
I just programmed a 106 yesterday for a ham with limited mobility, but could not take his money. :)

n9zas

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
He could try that but I feel that most libraries would not let him install/run a program on their systems.

Don't ask....don't tell....don't damage! ;)

n9zas

OCO

He could try that but I feel that most libraries would not let him install/run a program on their systems.

Any public facility offering use of a PC that doesn't disable all ports (I've seen it actually done with JB Weld) and lock down the system will soon learn the joys of 14 year olds with more knowledge than we have.. A large facility will most likely have both monitoring and filter software in place that will prevent any program installs..:)

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Sure, take it to your local library, surely they will have a pc that is not a mac. Your other choice is learn how to program it by hand, OR find another pro-106 user?
I just programmed a 106 yesterday for a ham with limited mobility, but could not take his money. :)

n9zas

That's the spirit!! :D

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
kapula,

There are many of us who have computers and are members of RR up and down the Wasatch Front.

If you'd like to pm me I'd be glad to help you get what you need done.....No Charge......

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
Just in case you can't send to me kapula --- I sent you a private message (pm) with my email info in it....

N7YUO

I haven't been active in this forum for awhile, so I just read your message. I noticed most of the replies were from members not from this area. I live in Kearns, I have the Win500 Program and would be glad to provide you with an update. PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.