Don't know what I am doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Trying to get the DMR database into my tyt 390. Just want to display contacts name and location rather than a number. I have the latest 380 tools loaded, and went to NOGSG Contact Mgr and imported up to 1000 into the 390 code plug. Then into 380 tools and accessed SHOW CALLS, AND nothing. Did the same on the cs 800 and it works, but the 390 ,. can't get it to work

The only way you'll be able to get that database into your unit is by flashing it via the Travis Goodspeed method. If you are using Windows, then you will need to virtual machine into it. It's EXTREMELY easy, as long as you read the directions.

I'm going to find you the directions as to which method I used. Setting it up will take you about 15 mins. Then in the future, when you want to update the user database, that'll take you 5 mins.

These are the instructions that I followed in order to get the newest MD 380 Tools along with Flashing the DMARC user list. This method is directly tied to Travis Goodspeed's project. At this time, this will work on all flavors of the MD 380, 390, Retevis with or without GPS..

Update your MD-380 / Retevis RT3 or MD-390 with GPS / Retevis RT8 with GPS from
Windows running a Linux Virtual Machine
By: Warren Merkel, KD4Z
Version 3.08

The 2 Pictures I have attached are the screenshots you will be seeing and using. You will understand what to do in the instructions. The RECIPE commands are whats needed to make the process work.

For my 380, I did...

glv

glvusers

flash

finally....flashdb

Its THAT SIMPLE....Every so often, Ill update the DMARC user CSV by only using the following RECIPE...

glvusers

flashdb

Thats IT!

Disclaimer: You MUST follow the instructions step by step on how to load the virtual client to the computer and then follow the APPROPRIATE "Recipe" listed. Like I said, its extremely easy. If you can read, you can do this!

Attachments

• MD380tools_VM_installation_3.08.pdf
    490.5 KB · Views: 331
  • tyt.jpg
    tyt.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 144
  • tyt 1.jpg
    tyt 1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.