Don't order the BCD536HP any time soon from solid signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb1

Premium Subscriber
I ordered one today(BCD536HP) web site SAID in STOCK. paid for it and paid a little Extra for two day SHIPPING. OK OK i KNOW im a dumb ***. then i get a EMAIL (BACK ORDER) now i have to wait over a month to get it. MAN IM PISSED...... THANK YOU SOLID SIGNAL you got me. lol

JUST SO YOU GUY'S KNOW THANKS

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Yeah I think due to the headphone issue this will happen with ANY retailer selling the 536HP right now. Uniden recalled all the unsold stock to fix this issue. Good news is that when you do finally get your scanner, it will work correctly. Bad news is that there's a delay in getting units back in stock due to the problem.

I'm REALLY enjoying my 436 - I'm so impressed by it that I might just have to go order the 536HP once they start shipping again. I know it sucks waiting (I waited over TWO months for my radio) but it's worth the wait - these radios are just awesome.

-AZ

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Uhm, what's the recall option for those of us who have already bought the scanner?????

Mike

SolidSignal

I want to apologize on behalf of Solid Signal for the confusion. I know the item is marked "usually ships same day" but I'm going to get that modified. We sometimes rely on our distribuition partners for less common items and this was a case where we weren't getting the intel we needed.

We should have stock as soon as Uniden's issues are fixed, and we hope we will be able to serve all of the great people here soon!

JamesO

Uhm, what's the recall option for those of us who have already bought the scanner?????

Mike

I do not have firm details, but Uniden will be working out a return process of some sort. Not clear if you will get your radio repaired or how exactly it will work.

But it has been implied that the warranty will be significantly extended for those that have radios that required the hardware repair.

Keep an eye on the sticky in the forum and/or a message from UPMan.

I would assume the first priority will be current and product in transit, the existing owners.

The problem does not cause too much of an operational issue for most users, but most will want their radios repaired. Specially if it extends the warranty.

Blackink

I want to apologize on behalf of Solid Signal for the confusion. I know the item is marked "usually ships same day" but I'm going to get that modified. We sometimes rely on our distribuition partners for less common items and this was a case where we weren't getting the intel we needed.

We should have stock as soon as Uniden's issues are fixed, and we hope we will be able to serve all of the great people here soon!

Top Shelf Service.....under the circumstances!
Thanks for the post.

AC2OY

Stupid question....if your or I should say my radio barely hisses plugging in the headphones....will eventually the radio fail or is this a minor bug?!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Stupid question....if your or I should say my radio barely hisses plugging in the headphones....will eventually the radio fail or is this a minor bug?!

I tried to find Upman's post on this, but could not. I believe that a number of 536's (though not all) had bad components in the headphone circuit. Uniden was trying to determine from the factory the range of serial numbers involved, but the factory folks were away due to a holiday. Uniden is working toward a process of getting the affected scanners back from the purchasers and replacing (perhaps repairing) the units.

I expect this falls into the "irritation" category, rather than the "fatal disease" category.

Uniden has said they would extend the 1 year warranty to 3 years as a way to do right by the owners for this issue.

I imagine we'll hear more about this in the near future.

The link below discusses this some - but isn't the specific one I saw a day or two ago:

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/283740-bcd536hp-headphone-issues.html

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
I ordered one today(BCD536HP) web site SAID in STOCK. paid for it and paid a little Extra for two day SHIPPING. OK OK i KNOW im a dumb ***. then i get a EMAIL (BACK ORDER) now i have to wait over a month to get it. MAN IM PISSED...... THANK YOU SOLID SIGNAL you got me. lol

JUST SO YOU GUY'S KNOW THANKS

Don't feel bad. I fell into the same trap and this was 2 weeks ago. I even asked customer service if I get 2 day shipping it will going out today and be here by this day. They said yes. So it shows it is in stock, they are telling people it is shipping then the next day I get the same email as you that it is back ordered and won't be available until March 14th. I was a little pissed. I called and cancelled my ordered and called Scannermaster right afterwards where I got all my other scanners and they did have it in stock and shipped the same day and got it out even during a snow storm. They even price matched Solid Signal.

Solid Signal is still a good company to do business with as I have ordered plenty of things from them without issue but, that was a little misleading to push a product they know is hot and trap people into buying it from them just to tell them it is back ordered as I was out money for a week until the refund was returned to my account.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
How can Uniden Find me?

I did not get a warranty registry card in my 546HP. How can I register my scanner so Uniden will know to recall my scanner to fix the headphone issue?

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I did not get a warranty registry card in my 546HP. How can I register my scanner so Uniden will know to recall my scanner to fix the headphone issue?

I suppose Uniden could use the dealer's records to know who bought the 536.

UPMan said he would be back in the office this next week and would "try" to get the x36 radios added to the registration menu on their web site. However, as many have already stated our warranty is not tied to registration so I am in no hurry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.