Dont understand the system.

richd56

Premium Subscriber
1. Signed up, put my state in and now it asked for county and I be dam if I can find it, or watch list,
2. Not sure if I have evened down loaded the software. When they said it was completed, under statement. about to give up for a refund and a cold one.

Disappointed
rich

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You really need to give us more @richd56 if you want help, it is difficult to know what you are talking about. So let's try...
What did you sign up for? I'm guessing Radio Reference but just making sure.
Where are you (city and state)?
What scanner do you have (model number)?
What software are you trying to download?
What do you want to listen to?

That should get us started at least.

richd56

Premium Subscriber
First of all thank you.
I signed up for radio reference pro.
Panama City, Fl
Whistler 1040, WS 1040
What I understand I need to download a scanner program down to my scanner to be able to listen to it.
I would like to listen to the PD, Fire, etc.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Never heard of that. Think you mean a radio Reference subscription.
What I understand I need to download a scanner program down to my scanner to be able to listen to it.
You need to download software on your pc to utilize the direct download feature on the software.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
First of all thank you.
Panama City, Fl
Whistler 1040, WS 1040
Okay good, thank you. Panama City, is in Bay Co and uses the Bay Co Public Services P25 system (link below) as is a link to more info on the scanner programming software. You will need to purchase programming software from a third party to program the scanner.

Now for the bad news, the Bay County system is a simulcast system that most scanners have a problem properly decoding. The actual results will depend on your location, but the majority of users have issues. See this article for more info;

And more bad news, the system is listed as P25 Phase 2 which your scanner can not receive, but not all talkgroups use Phase 2. In the link below for the system look at the mode column, a D means it is still Phase 1, a T is Phase 2. You should be able to listen to Panama City (except for the simulcast issue), but not county sheriff. But keep in mind they are moving to phase 2 for all units so it is only a matter of time.

Sorry I can't give you better news.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
First of all thank you.
Panama City, Fl
Whistler 1040, WS 1040
The software programs that will work for your scanner can be found on this Wiki page:

All offer a 30 day free trial period, before you have to either purchase a license to use it, or it quits working.