Dorchester County summerville

Status
Not open for further replies.

connah

Really? You using 860.4825 for the Knightsville that you said you here Dor or Svl PD on? Dor and Svl PD is exactly what I'm looking for. I live in the Oakbrook area.

peeta725

Premium Subscriber
Really? You using 860.4825 for the Knightsville that you said you here Dor or Svl PD on? Dor and Svl PD is exactly what I'm looking for. I live in the Oakbrook area.
860.4625 not 860.4825

Not being a typo nazi, but if you made a typo in the frequency, that's very important lol.

connah

Haha, you're right and it was indeed a typo. Yeah, just a bit important, huh? ;) See I get nothing but static when I tune straight to that channel as a test. I don't hear the normal control data sound. Ah well, I'll wait to see what these other folks find. I really appreciate your time and help though!! Much appreciated.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
P25 cc sounds very different from the legacy smartzone cc

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

connah

OP, any thoughts on Buddrousa's reply? You did say everything was working until two days ago when it suddenly stopped, correct? I admit I'm new to my BCD436HP, but I'm pretty much an expert on the Pro 106...and my Pro 106 has stopped receiving anything in Dorchester county as well. I get nothing here. Not on P800 or P25. I get North Charleston and Charleston PD on P25 as expected, but nothing Dorchester. Even just in open scan mode.

connah

How about this, let me rephrase this. Is there ANYONE here who can, at this moment, successfully receive Dorchester County Sheriff or Summerville PD? If so, what system and frequency are you using for the control channel? Sorry to post so much...it's just that I spent $500 on this scanner the other day and I'm trying to figure out whether I should get my money back because somehow Dorchester is no longer available.

Another important discovery. Go to any online streaming website to listen to Dorchester Sheriff or Summerville PD (Summerville, SC 29485) and you'll hear nothing. Silence. SOMETHING has changed.

Last edited:

INDY72

Sounds like it time for programming 101... Bcd436hp right? Or still on the 106? Marks scanners go and read the easier to read manuals. And easier to read sentinel manual.

INDY72

You must set up new sysobject in that 106. Or new system in 436. Use old freqs but set up as p25. Id search for the 436. Wildcard for 106.

connah

Yep, I've done that. I understand they are changing over to P25 so I've tried that. That still doesn't explain, at least I don't THINK, why all the streaming scanner websites for Dorchester and Summerville PD are silent now.

INDY72

The scanner sites have not reprogged. So are dark until they do so. They are run by guys that feed to bcfy etc. If they don't have right set up too bad till they fix it.

connah

Yep, that makes sense. I just wish I could find the new frequency or talk group IDs. I guess I'll just sit tight and see if anyone else comes up with an answer for the OP. I'm very confident in my abilities on the Pro 106. I can't think of anything more simple than setting up a wildcard for the P25 at the listed control frequency and same for the P800. Open scan. I DO get chatter. But NONE of it is from Dorchester County. Sigh. If I do end up finding out I'm simply an idiot, I'll gladly post my mistake so you all can ream me out. ;) I'll leave you guys alone now. Thanks for putting up with me. :)

INDY72

Put in all site freqs. At least till you nail the new cc. And remember the simulcast means LSM distortion now.

connah

All, with MANY thanks to DB Admin "brian" who helped me get up and running and to those who contributed info in this thread, I can share with you all a few things I learned that may help the OP who was having trouble hearing Dorchester County Emergency Services in the Summerville area, just as I was.

On the BCD436HP, create a new P25 Automatic system. Turn ID Search ON. Create a new site called Knightsville with a control frequency of 860.4625. Fire up Discovery if you like. In the Oakbrook area of Summerville, this works for me.

For those of you who may now feel compelled to slap me and say, "I told you that earlier!" I can only say this. For some reason, I can only get reception of this P25 system when I hold my scanner at just the right angle and in just the right place...even out on my third story balcony I have issues. This caused intermittent reception that I interpreted as NO reception because I assumed that being THIS CLOSE to the transmitter, I shouldn't have any problems. I have an 800 Mhz antenna in the mail on the way to me. Hoping that fixes this.

Thanks to all!

peeta725

Premium Subscriber
I had a portable RS digital scanner once w/ an 800 mHz antenna. In the middle of Rock Hill, I couldn't pick up York County's P25 system for jack.

I only buy base stations lol. Maybe I just don't know the "tricks" with a portable.

Anyway, good to hear you got that solved.

beanball14

Premium Subscriber
860.4625 as the control channel in Knightsville picks up Dorchester SO (4103) Dorchester EMS(4142) Colleton Fire (2931) Colleton SO (2921) Dorchester Fire(4165) and SCHP (9613). Couple of other talk groups that I have not been able to figure out.

Have heard nothing from Summerville police or fire. anybody have any luck?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hooray! The first Dorchester County talkgroups have been posted! Bravo!

Now if someone can grab some site ID numbers, that would be great.[

QUOTE=beanball14;2797000]860.4625 as the control channel in Knightsville picks up Dorchester SO (4103) Dorchester EMS(4142) Colleton Fire (2931) Colleton SO (2921) Dorchester Fire(4165) and SCHP (9613). Couple of other talk groups that I have not been able to figure out.

Have heard nothing from Summerville police or fire. anybody have any luck?[/QUOTE]

INDY72

Try the summerville site or the simulcast?

beanball14

Premium Subscriber
Been trying the Sville site. No luck. Which Simulcast site you talkin about? Charleston?

Status
Not open for further replies.