• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

DOS Box or Moslo

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
i have a Pentium 3 500mhz and want to program my saber with rss 7.01.00. will one of these work to slow my computer down enough? Safely?

mancow

Database Admin
No, it doesn't mean you are out of luck you just need to find a way to boot to DOS. Does your computer support USB as a bootable device option? If so you can make a bootable USB drive and use that. Does it have a floppy drive? You could boot from the A:

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
i can boot in in dos it is the 500 mhz the part that scars me because everywhere i looked for programming with rss say 486 or older 50mhz or slower. and if not you will brick the radio

jim202

i can boot in in dos it is the 500 mhz the part that scars me because everywhere i looked for programming with rss say 486 or older 50mhz or slower. and if not you will brick the radio

Maybe if you tried doing a search, you might find a reference to a slightly different program that I think is called "MOSLO PRO". It is available for download off the Internet for around $29. It allows you to slow down the computer to just about any speed you need.

There is also another program called "cacheoff.com that will control the computer cache. You might try running it before you start the Saber software. This program is available as a free download off the Internet.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
Maybe if you tried doing a search, you might find a reference to a slightly different program that I think is called "MOSLO PRO". It is available for download off the Internet for around $29. It allows you to slow down the computer to just about any speed you need.

There is also another program called "cacheoff.com that will control the computer cache. You might try running it before you start the Saber software. This program is available as a free download off the Internet.
have you tried it? Is it safe?

mancow

Database Admin
Try reading it first. If it does a full read with no errors you should be fine. If it doesn't it won't cause any corruption since nothing is being edited yet.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
sounds good. what type of processor do you use to program your sabers?

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I use a PII with my Sabers and Systems Sabers, just booting into DOS. Provided your RIB and cable setup is a good working one, you should have no issues.

I even did this when I lived in Otsego a few years ago!

jim202

have you tried it? Is it safe?

I use it quite often. I will say it again, you need to do some research on the subject. There is a couple of other sites that you should visit. One is batlabs.com and the other is Batboard • Index page and spend some time looking at the different threads and information there.

If you don't feel comfortable programming your radio, then don't do it. It seems from your comments so far that your not a regular user to programming these radios. If that is the case, then maybe you should find a radio shop or a friend to work with you.

mancow

Database Admin
1.1 Ghz Centrino in a Panasonic Toughbook

You are lucky in the regard the saber software will allow you to build a default codeplug so there is no real chance of any permanent harm.

sounds good. what type of processor do you use to program your sabers?

Status
Not open for further replies.