Double check before jumping to conclusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Database Admin
I've been enjoying my BCD536HP. Didn't have the headphone problem, but did have the long squelch tail. It was suggested to setting the end code to ignore, I did that and the problem diminished.

I was happy when the firmware was updated and the squelch tail problem disappeared altogether. Recently, I noticed that I was getting talkgroups and squelch hanging for an abnormal time.

It was frustrating me and I was wondering what I could do to correct that problem. It dawned on me that I had previously manipulated the settings and changed the end code. I reset the system from ignore back to analog+digital and problem is solved.

I was all set to rant about a bug when none existed. I guess what I've learned is to think twice before jumping off the deep end.:roll:

mciupa

Database Admin
That's the thing. I was contemplating selling it and going back to the 996XT, which I loved mainly for doing analysis with third party software. In the meantime, I rely on HomePatrol and the NooElec dongle for those duties.

Now, I realize it was me effing around. :(

Once the Analyze features are up and running, the 536 will be an awesome scanner.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Oh come on mciupa, everybody knows that all the Uniden radios are garbage and you should be suing them for forcing you to buy them. ;)

A little bit of patience and troubleshooting does go a long way.. and most issues are caused by a loose nut behind the keyboard.

HAHA if someone can't figure out how to operate their new toy it is instantly Unidens problem isn't it?? NOT?? it just takes a little bit of patience and learning ! I can program and operate my BCD 396 XT scanner no problem and I've had it for approximately 5 months and have not touched the manual once!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.