Double listings......

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Doing a frequency search for who is lisenced on a particular frequency I get both the lisencee AND the agent who or enity who last filed on the lisence. Is this a new undocumented feature or a SNAFU?

This is for a frequency search in the Calif data base.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
In the Database section, California State, Search Tab, Calif Freq. search.... I enter 154.040 and click on search....

California Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Note the second enity is Radio Licensing Services. Appearently this licensee field is picking up the Contact from the the federal DB and inserting it as the Licensee. This seems to be happening to the even records displayed. The odd number records appear to be valid and true.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You're searching the FCC licenses, not the RR DB. Those are valid licenses in the FCC system (as evidenced by the unique call signs), and therefore the listing is correct.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
For some reason I came back to this thread and took another look at that listing and realized you're correct, there is something funky going on.

The second entry on the list is:
RADIO LICENSING SERVICES 154.04000000 WNQJ440 A CHICO BUTTE PW

The fifth entry on the list is:
CHICO, CITY OF 154.04000000 WNQJ440 A CHICO BUTTE PW

Same exact call sign. A quick look at the actual FCC record shows Radio Licensing Services as the FCC contact, not the licensee. There should only be one entry for that call sign, the CHICO, CITY OF one.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
For some reason I came back to this thread and took another look at that listing and realized you're correct, there is something funky going on.

The second entry on the list is:
RADIO LICENSING SERVICES 154.04000000 WNQJ440 A CHICO BUTTE PW

The fifth entry on the list is:
CHICO, CITY OF 154.04000000 WNQJ440 A CHICO BUTTE PW

Same exact call sign. A quick look at the actual FCC record shows Radio Licensing Services as the FCC contact, not the licensee. There should only be one entry for that call sign, the CHICO, CITY OF one.

Yes something is amiss with the query to the FCC DataBase. it's pulling extra data and porting it to the wrong field. This seems to be universal (at least to California).

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's definitely happening across the FCC DB, I'm seeing it with some local licenses here that I'm familiar with. It's displaying both the licensee as well as the local communications company that takes care of the licenses.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Yeah, there is a problem, but I am not sure if it is a single problem or a multiple problem. In other words, it should not be picking up the contact, that is certain. But should it even be showing both classes on this particular search. That I am not sure of. In other words, if there are two classes of station for that frequency/licenese, should this report be showing both (FX1 & MO for example). I will throw this in to the bug hopper to see that it gets looked at (if it is not already there).

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
A search through the bug reporting system did not show it as mentioned, so I added a ticket for it.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
A search through the bug reporting system did not show it as mentioned, so I added a ticket for it.

Geee, I notice something, open my big mouth about it... and someone writes a ticket over it.... Last time that happened I have to go to court for 3 days. Good thing I was on the City's payroll then. I hope you will not make me got to court on this ticket. :)

In case I dind't mention it (and yes I forgot to...) "Thanks!"

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Lou, it's also happening on all of the 'Last 100 FCC License Grants' pages, if you want to include that info on the trouble ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.