Dougherty/Albany Receiption

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJT

Just received a homepatrol this week and noticed the same receiption problems as posted previously. A solution was never addressed so was wondering if there is a way to receive the Dougherty/Albany Trunking system. Thanks in advance for your help.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Just received a homepatrol this week and noticed the same receiption problems as posted previously. A solution was never addressed so was wondering if there is a way to receive the Dougherty/Albany Trunking system. Thanks in advance for your help.

contact Uniden and complain about their poorly performing product.
Dougherty, like many 800MHz P25 systems, use CQPSK simulcast. Uniden scanners aren't properly designed to demodulate it, you basically have to create the "perfect storm" of conditions to get the radio to have a PERFECT signal from ONE site to decode the data to get audio.

you can try different antenna and system setting but your location may just have you in a bad spot for using a scanner.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
According to RRDB, that system is a) Smartzone, not simulcast and b) entirely analog (and so is NFM modulated, not CQPSK).

If that is not the case, then RRDB is incorrect and likely is passing incorrect system setup info to any scanner (or scanner user) reliant on it, which would result in unpredictable operation.

If you mean the Thomas / Dougherty system, according to RRDB: a) these are not simulcast sites (the kind subject to multipath issues that scanners of all ilk have issues with) and b) all the channels tagged for Dougherty County and Albany agencies appear to also be analog.

Last edited:

RJT

So what is my best course of action? I upgraded the antenna to both the 800 MHz and a magnetic mount for the car. Still only pick a few sites in Thomasville and the local college police (ASU). I am willing to work with suggestions.

RJT

So what is my best course of action? I upgraded the antenna to both the 800 MHz and a magnetic mount for the car. Still only pick a few sites in Thomasville and the local college police (ASU). I am willing to work with suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.