Douglas, Burnett, Polk, Saint Croix, And Pierce Counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I looked over the recent post on the WISCOM thread and I gather that WISCOM is a mess. Anyway, now that it is getting nicer outside, I will be ATVing near the Minnesota/Wisconsin border soon. With regards to Douglas, Burnett, Polk, Saint Croix, and Pierce Counties, will I even hear many agencies on WISCOM in those areas? Or, am I much better off simply programming in conventional frequencies for the immediate future?

I would typically be monitoring on a Unication G5 dual band. I can either select conventional VHF or WISCOM, but I can't scan both at the same time.

n9upc

Pierce and St Croix County only have things patched to the Scan Talkgroups for those counties and have no intent on moving to WISCOM anytime soon.

Burnett County does not even have a WISCOM tower in the county.

Douglas is on WISCOM and I am not sure about any patches to conventional channels.

sfd119

Burnett doesn't use WISCOM nor do I think the Scan TGs are up anymore. Douglas uses it quite a bit...but most of it is patched traffic. Gold Cross's patch between ARMER and WISCOM is there and pretty busy.

Burnett and Polk I wouldn't worry about WISCOM, I would just do Conventional freqs.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Polk

Polk Law Main -- 155.5500 MHz is carried on both Analog and Digital. They have a 490 NAC on that Frequency. The main traffic is carried on Analog, and Digital is used when analog doesn't come in, or by each Deputy's / Officer's discretion and or preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.