Douglas Co Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajun945

i Have every talk group programed for Douglas Co Sheriff but when they say go to B- or D Ch's sometimes i hear them go there other times i dont hear anything?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
The first question has to be what control channels are you using?

For example DCSO A the officer might key up and be on Silver Heights then the dispatcher moves that traffic to B or C and then they are on Smoky or Littleton or West Creek for a while.

Also I have not investigated closely recently but some of the many DCSO TG's might be blocked from certain sites. We do some logging now looking for that.

Jim<

Jim<

cajun945

I have every Control Channel Programed that has (Denver Metro) next to it ...
should i have any more Programed??

this happens about 50% of the time when they say go to a other Ch C or D then i go and theres no talking :( i just dont want to miss out on anything :) lol

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Would you believe me if I said you might have too many CC's programmed in, more and more we are finding less is better when it comes to programming CC's.

and some of use are even trying banks with only one or two CC's programmed into them with good success.

Remember the scanner has to take the time to check each of those CC's each time it scans through.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
That would take a little trial and error from your actual monitoring location, but try locking out a few and see how it does, I can certainly probably easily tell you the ones you don't need if your primary interest in DCSO and Parker FD.

Jim<

cajun945

103 Silver Heights (Denver Metro)
104 West Creek (Denver Metro)

only 2 Control Channels i found with Douglas Co
anyone know anymore?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Franktown, West Creek, **Chevron**, Smoky Hill etc all cover Douglas County well.

Jim<

Last edited:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
It's also not so much which CC's they use, but which ones you can actually hear from wherever you're at...

luke-1

cajun945 said:
103 Silver Heights (Denver Metro)
104 West Creek (Denver Metro)

only 2 Control Channels i found with Douglas Co
anyone know anymore?

Since I see you are in Parker, Chevron is the only one you need for Douglas Co and Parker PD. It is also one of the only ones you will consistently hear DCSO CH's- B,C,and D.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Chevron for Parker and Lonetree 100% of the time is highly likely.

DCSO on the other hand....

What you are running into is the nature of the radio system. DTRS is not a simulcast system it is a roaming system. The DCSO primary talk-group "A" will end up on multiple sites as 99% of the time everybody will be on it. Now when a tac or car to car event occurs the only towers that will have that talk-group (B, C, D etc...) are where the units on that talk-group are affiliated with. So yes you will miss some of the non-primary talk-groups if units on that talk-group are not affiliated with the tower YOU are monitoring. This is very true especially when you are dealing with a county with varying terrain.

Phil.

Ryanco

i monitor Douglas Co Parker PD and Denver Metro area from PARKER>
everything comes in loud and clear^ I have all Denver Metro Control Ch's Programmed
is there something i should change?

Todd-NG

jimmnn said:
Would you believe me if I said you might have too many CC's programmed in, more and more we are finding less is better when it comes to programming CC's.

and some of us are even trying banks with only one or two CC's programmed into them with good success.

Remember the scanner has to take the time to check each of those CC's each time it scans through.

Jim<

Thank you Jim! I made a similar statement about this a while back in another thread and got blasted for it. I was told that my "performance problems" had to be caused by something else and that having lots of CC's programmed into the radio had no bearing on it's performance. I went from having 8 CC's down to 3 CC's in my Adams County bank and it made a huge (positive) difference with my Pro-96.

Status
Not open for further replies.