Douglas County Favorite freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fields2grand

Now that I've figured out how to program a favorite and it only took me a week, I figure I'm pretty much a scanner guru now. Haha. My first and only scanner before this 436hp was a Uniden from 1998! So there's a bit of a learning curve there.
I'm wondering what your favorite frequencies are to monitor?
I've got OPD figured out, I've been somewhat disappointed in CB.

What do you like listening to?

33kracing

Now that I've figured out how to program a favorite and it only took me a week, I figure I'm pretty much a scanner guru now. Haha. My first and only scanner before this 436hp was a Uniden from 1998! So there's a bit of a learning curve there.

I realize I don't live in Omaha... but im 67% sure that most everyone likes to monitor the Nebraska state patrol on their new...(well somewhat new) p25 trunked network. and the rest would depend on what you want to listen to. I like to take my radios/scanners to area racetracks like I-80 speedway, eagle raceway, junction motor speedway etc etc... I guess its all personal preference lol

krd400

Yeah, OPD is interesting.....especially on Friday or Saturday night. OFD is also interesting along with all their fire groups. And yes, the Nebraska State Patrol is also a good choice. I also listen to Sarpy County LE and Fire. If you can pick up Lincoln, the LPD can be very active after big events down there being the college town it is it can get very lively at times. I listen with a bcd996xt and it decodes the ORION system pretty well unless the wind is blowing fairly strong, then it becomes very garbled. Have you set up your weather alert system yet? That could be very useful with the stormy weather coming up here shortly.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Speaking of weather...Storm spotter frequencies. Listen to tornado reports directly to the National Weather Service in Valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.