Douglas County FD pager freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
For the past week on Douglas FD channel (154.130) I have been hearing major skip, and full conversations of another counties FD dispatch on our channel. Also, too the pager tones have not been coming through right, they cut off half way through. I am not sure what causes this, but it gets annoying.

If anyone else monitors Douglas let me know what your hearing.

Ian

bob_leach_3

Douglas County FD Pafer Freq

I hear those other areas FD's all th time on there, I think they are coming into the repeaters of Arthur and Atwood Fire and being rebroadcast at the end of their pager messages. I recall hearing Chicago FD radio tests on that freq before during intense skip years ago. Maybe Douglas County should look into a change of frequencies (leaving 154.13) to remedy interference. I do know that Arthur and atwood use PL tones on theri dispatches, and arcola has a different tone on the same frequency, and all other depts on the 154.13 freq in the county are CSQ (No PL tone).

bob_leach_3

Douglas County FD Paging frequency

I forgot to mention that every time I'm listening, the pager tones and the messages come in just fine on my scanner, no dropping-off. Clear as day here. I am located east of Charleston. I'll listen to the pager test this evening and see if I hear anything different.

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
They came in tonight and they were pretty good. It seems to be an intermitent thing. Also, I have always wondered why there is no PL tone on the pager channel, that never made sense to me.

bob_leach_3

Yes, the pager test sounded fine last evening. Hey would you by chance know what all those different licensed frequencies are used for in Arcola? I assume you are from Douglas County..Arcola Fire is licensed for 158.985-dont know what that one is for. Their repeater input is 153.770 for 154.130 repeater. I know 154.175 is PD, I haven't heard 154.415 in use yet. Woudl you also know the uses of all those sheriff freqs? Particularly wondering what 156.15 is...thanks

bob_leach_3

Arcola Fire is paged out by the county 911 dispatch on 154.13 base, CSQ. Their chief can page also on the Arcola Fire repeater on 154.13 (153.770 input) with 123.0 PL. The PL tone of 146.2 is not used for Arcola at all, that is for Arthur and Atwood fire repeaters (on 154.13 also.) Some extra info, I thought I caught a PL of 146.2 for Camargo Fire (repeater?) once on 154.13 also but I could be wrong. They may have been on either Atwood or Arthur's repeater. Tuscola Fire is entirely on 158.94 base/mobile, with 146.2 PL.

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it is very confusing. Your last post is right, also there was a cheif page a while back saying to bring in all radios for reprogramming, so I think Arcola's database might be wrong in some ways. Also, the 154.415 I think might be the Villa Grove FD Fireground channel, I will check on that.
Really I think the whole network needs redone at least for the fire channels.

On the PD side on things, the 156.150 is the portable radio channel, it is rarely used to my knowledge almost all communication is done on 155.700, sometimes also on 159.150, but it is hard to hear most of the time. Also alot anymore they work off Nextel, for calls and things.

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
Also on the Douglas database page under the sherriff the first 3 channels and the fifth one(IREACH) are the only channels used.

bob_leach_3

154.115 is listed as Villa Grove Fireground on the Douglas County page, althought that base has a different address listed than the fire department's 154.13 base. Looks like 154.115 might have been used by public works also. The FCC license for that is expired. The public works frequency is now 159.075, mobile-only, according to the Douglas County page. I am guessing the 154.415 base-mobile frequency is used by some other fuction in the city of Arcola, maybe public works? I know that the Arcola City Channel (at least used to be) 154.055. I heard ESDA pages on it before.

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
154.115 also known as channel 5 in Villa Grove is our inter-city communications channel, the actual base is located in the PD at the city hall, and there is a base in the FD. The local dispatch uses it to talk to PD and FD. FD also uses it as their fireground, and public work uses it rarely.

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
Yes cubn it is confusing, I wish that they would reprogram a PL tone on the main fire dispatch channel and have all the other FD's take theirs off, so it is easier and would help with the skip and interference.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
I'm assuming that 154.115 is CSQ? (no tone)?

I've updated the Douglas County Sheriff frequencies and the Villa Grove Channel.

If anything needs updated or clarified on the 154.13, please let me (or cubn) know.

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
Yes that is correct it is CSQ. Thanks for correcting that part of the database makes it less confusing for people to look at. Especially if someone is new to scanning.

Last edited:

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
On another note last night there was a lift assist call for Arcola, and the dispatcher was having problems and even said were are getting Chicago again. So there is still some interference from there, but it puzzles me how it gets all the way down here to our freq.

cubn

Database Admin
Has anyone caught at PL tone on 150.995 or 155.7225. I've not been able to receive anything on these from Urbana?

Also, what frequency does storm spotter coordination occur on in Douglas County?

Status
Not open for further replies.