Douglas County FD pager freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
OK.... Arcola Fire:

Their local repeater is 154.13 123.0 PL output (assuming the have open CSQ on radios)
154.13 CSQ is 911 paging and possibly other dispatch ops.

Now, the whole county:
154.13 .... is everyone technically CSQ?
Can Arcola Page other agencies? (so it may come through with 146.2 PL)?

Thanks

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
Storm spotters are paged out by department on the county fire channel, and any information is relayed to the county, also the city PD units report as needed.

I do not believe that Arcola can page other agencies. And yes everyone is CSQ for the whole county.

Last edited:

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Wait...

8/15/08 - 8:45 AM ---- CORRECTIONS in BLUE
Atwood and Carmago both have their own repeaters too on 154.43 154.13 with the same 153.77 input as Arcola. So, what PL tone are these?

Arthur has an expired license for repeater on 154.43 154.13 with 159.45 input. Still in use by Arthur?

Under 911, currently listed is:
154.43 154.13 RM Fire: Athur, Atwood, Villa Grove (from local repeaters)
This is listed with the WPUJxxx Arthur license. Assuming this is incorrect. 911 pages CSQ period....
Removing this license, so would have to assume Douglas County is using someone elses license, or using telephone line or remote links to outlying transmitters, but Tuscola doesn't have one for 154.43 154.13 ?

Does the County Dispatch identify as "Douglas County 911" or "911" or is it affiliated/same dispatch center as a local PD and the Sheriff? Is it all the same voices?

Also, on the Sheriff's Repeater system, there are MULTIPLE repeaters (on the same output) listed. Are these all simulcast? or do they each have a different input PL tone and the same output tone? Or are there UHF (RF) links to each remote Repeater, just to transmit only on the repeater they want to talk to, or again simulcast all at the same time.
159.15000 155.85000 KSC240 RM 123.0 PL
159.15000 155.41500 KSC240 RM 123.0 PL
155.70000 154.65000 KSC240 RM 123.0 PL

Are the input frequencies correct? 2 repeaters with the same out, different inputs?

155.7 is Sheriff Dispatch + some? Rural Law? 159.15 is listed as "Township Police"... is this the same rural law or a different. Please clairify.
Also in the notes is "At times, Townships transmit on 159.15/155.85 repeater to talk to Sheriff, which talks back on 155.700"

Townships --- does this mean municipality? (city of, town of, village of) and NOT Township of? usually the township would be the whole sectered area of the county, often the rural areas around a municipalities boundaries.

Thanks to all for assisting in the long and very tedious project.

Now, we just need to help make sure agencies that provide mutual aid to any of theses agencies have the correct frequencies in their listings. It is not neccesary to have Mutual Aid frequencies under each municipality or district, a note would be great, but if it Fire Channel "Actual Lineup" is known, then it should be included.

Thanks!

Last edited:

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
Well everyone is dispatched from Sheriff office in Tuscola. They identify as Douglas over the air, and use KSC240 after pages.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
OK..... sounds like a FCC License modification is needed then ;) Add 154.43 and any remote links in use (if there are any) and get rid of the unused frequencies.

The page should be much more updated now than before. Please review.

Thanks for all the help.

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
Page looks great, makes sense and looks professional. For the unit id's at the beginning it is as follows:
Arcola is "Adam #"
Atwood is "Atwood #"
Tuscola is "Tuscola #"
Villa Grove is "Victor #"
Villa Grove Ambulance is "Arrow 82-84"
Tuscola Ambulance is "Arrow 82-82"
When one of the units leaves Champaign sends a unit usually "82-76" or "82-75"

Hindsboro is "Henry 1" I believe he is the only officer on that department
Villa Grove FD is "F #"

Just for some extra info if you want, sometimes you will hear "David 1 or David 2" I believe these are officers on the drug task force, and use these instead of their radio id's.

I do not know who this is but there is also " 5 Ida 1-10" I have no idea who it is though.

Last edited:

bob_leach_3

Douglas County Paging Frequency

I am guessing that "David" units would be detectives (if using the same letter prefix as Coles County) and "5-Ida" units are task force.

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
I believe in Douglas County, we only have maybe 2 detectives, and they don't have different radio id's.
But what you said about the "5-Ida" would make sense.

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
This is probably a question for an admin person, but is there a way we could have the actual pager tone frequency listed for the departments?

cubn

Database Admin
This is probably a question for an admin person, but is there a way we could have the actual pager tone frequency listed for the departments?

Are you talking about the fire tone outs?

We can put them under the Ten Codes and Map area for Douglas County. Just submit them to the database like you would frequencies for Douglas County and Terry or I will get them uploaded.

Another option is to make a Wiki page where you could upload the list yourself. I did this with the Champaign-Urbana fire tones.

-Tom-

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
Yes thats what I was talking about. I personally don't know how to get them, but I was curious if that was an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.