Douglas County - New Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lochtsa

Hi ,

I purchased a RS Pro 2096 and a RS Pro 97. I was wondering if someone in my area could help me program trunking. I don't really care what the system is I am trunking. I just want to learn how to use the software and enter it into the scanner.

I really am enjoying this new hobby, and I have already had no problem programming all of my local frequencies.

Any help or friends to chat with about scanning and trunking would very nice.

Thank you for your consideration,

Marc
Roseburg, Oregon

DCMon

Trunking

If you are talking about the Douglas County trunking system, it is mpt-1327 and is not the type you can monitor with a trunking scanner. You will just have to enter the frequencies like other system's and monitor the traffic that way. A free program called trunkview will monitor mpt-1327 but may not work with your scanner?. It uses you computer to do the monitoring and your scanner to receive the signals. This program is mentioned in the MPT-1327 Trunking Discussion Forum.

DickH

Lochtsa said:
Hi ,

I purchased a RS Pro 2096 and a RS Pro 97. I was wondering if someone in my area could help me program trunking. I don't really care what the system is I am trunking. ...
Marc
Roseburg, Oregon

Since it is an MPT1327 system, your scanner can not follow the conversations, but you might have some luck trying the following method.

Put in the freqs. for the site nearsest you (listed in this RR database). Make sure DELAY is OFF and let it SCAN. You will need to lock out the control channel (strong buzzing sound). When someone stops talking, it will start to scan. If the system is not busy, it should stop on the replying conversation. If the conversation is not the answer to what you were hearing, hit SCAN until you find the right conversation. It's rather hit and miss, but if you have a quiet (not busy) system, you might have some degree of success. If it is a busy system your chances of following a conversation are about zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.